Had my Phantom 3 professional for 2 years!

Reaction score
Hi all. California resident. A little story about my drone enthusiasm. Going back about 15 years or so ago. I had the dream of flying a helicopter for recreation! And an imagination quad zillion miles away of owning a helicopter. Oh well, we all have dreams. LOL.
So going onto about 2006. It was one of the first times for me see a mini RC helicopter. Air Hogs was a popular one then. About $60. But all it did was up and down and spin. That's it. Only works indoors. Because the slightest wind blows it away! LoL. It was fun operating then. And those sophisticated model helicopters! They were nice, but no cameras. Then several years comes. These little RC helicopters are slowly becoming more sophisticated and noticeably better quality for the same price! They now have gyroscopes for better stability and now they can go forward and backward! Still enjoyed those then. More years come, they started coming equipped with a camera! I thought that was FREAKIN COOL! WoW that is NEAT! Record a video of what it's like if we were IN the RC!
Going onto the 2010s I then first heard of a quadcopter. A 4 rotor RC. OK. That's interesting. I like the look of a helicopter instead of a quad though. Also now hearing about putting gopros in those quadcopters too! OH WOW! That is freakin COOL! I thought. But also hearing about the PRICES too! $1500. ****. No thanks.
Until just a couple years ago. I began to want a "camera equipped helicopter" more and more. Going onto this time, they seemed to be more common than ever before. And now seeing and hearing more and more about these "drones" as I now just heard that word for the first time! Made me think of the bees! The drones the male bees! LOL
Just a couple years ago, I was now noticing drones in the stores. Best Buy, Target, etc. Then I came across this Propel brand CAMERA drone. As I had always wanted a camera equipped RC! The price was $80 at Costco. I then buy it! Tried it out. This is COOL! I video of how we look in the sky! I thought to myself! THIS IS WHAT I WANT AS A HOBBY! But with this $80 drone. No it won't do. It's just crap. VERY unstable! And hard to keep in control!
THIS is officially the time I decided to get something REALLY NICE. I don't care about the price! After researching a while. I found this Phantom 3 professional! I saw a 3 standard at Best Buy for $500 and the pro for $1000. $1000 a little steep for me then. I was thinking the Standard for $500! But then I thought. You know, I want to make sure I'm happy with a drone I buy. At the same time I don't want to spend a load of money either. SO I resorted to Ebay. I found a good used 3 Professional for $750. Could not have been more happy!!!! Bought the hard case for it. Boy I am in love the videos it takes. SO FREAKIN COOL! And the drone operates really nicely! And very stable and reliable as far as the fear of losing control and losing it is concerned!!!! What I like!
dji.jpg
dji.jpg dji 1.jpg

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the Phantom Pilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments in DJI quadcopters.
*GO 4 APP MANUAL: DJI Go 4 Manual

Welcome to PhantomPilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .:)

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31