Flying Indoors Shooting a Hockey Game

Reaction score
Shot for the owner of the ice rink and the local utility company.
Just a compilation of some of the raw footage.
There was no GPS inside. I haven't looked at the flight data, but I assume I was going between Vision and Atti mode.
I tried tripod mode, but it was too slow to keep up with the hockey players.
The trickiest part was that there was a lighting grid in the middle of the rink and cables hanging pretty low limiting my clearance in some places.

Overall, the Phantom 4 Pro worked like a champ. It generally was really stable even without GPS.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

-Darin

Wow, you did an excellent job. Very steady and stable in flight mode. The ceiling seen to be too close.

Shot for the owner of the ice rink and the local utility company.
Just a compilation of some of the raw footage.
There was no GPS inside. I haven't looked at the flight data, but I assume I was going between Vision and Atti mode.
I tried tripod mode, but it was too slow to keep up with the hockey players.
The trickiest part was that there was a lighting grid in the middle of the rink and cables hanging pretty low limiting my clearance in some places.

Overall, the Phantom 4 Pro worked like a champ. It generally was really stable even without GPS.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

-Darin

Your P4P shoots RAW video??? :)

Nice work. Looks like a lot of fun.

Nice! VPS seemed to have held position very well even over a bright white surface.

Nice video.

I can see where those overhanging lights and fixtures could be a serious problem but you appear to have pulled it off.

AD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31