Flying In Heat

Reaction score
How many of you went flying today? The heat index is suppose to be around 110 for the next 3 days way to hot for me to enjoy it :(

Reactions: Tim Haskins
Flew yesterday in 95° temp and 90% humidity. Sweated my butt off as I showed a guy how sweet it is to fly a drone! He was wanting one for his campground/resort, to go find late canoers/floaters when they didn't show up on time... He's sold on the idea!

Brad

Did a short hop around a hayfield this morning, just to look. Wasn't as hot as this afternoon. Truck said 97° at one point....

Thats when i plan to fly in the morning gonna be like this for 3 days when it gets that hot in the afternoon i will be hugging the AC and planning next flight

Pretty much ANYWHERE is hot right now. Mom lives in Montana and she's complaining. Step mom is in North Florida and she's complaining too... Told them both to suck it up! Neither one of them has a thousand cows to feed & care for every day regardless of weather, so stop whining! They both talked mean to me, like I'm 12 again... ?

How many of you went flying today? The heat index is suppose to be around 110 for the next 3 days way to hot for me to enjoy it :(

Oh Man! I flew my P3P in the living room for the first time a few days ago just to knock the dust of the motors. As for flying outside I have been grounded for several weeks now. Not only is it hotter than 40 hells here in NC the humidity is drowning us and I just can’t take it anymore in my old age.

Oh Man! I flew my P3P in the living room for the first time a few days ago just to knock the dust of the motors. As for flying outside I have been grounded for several weeks now. Not only is it hotter than 40 hells here in NC the humidity is drowning us and I just can’t take it anymore in my old age.
Thats where I'am at the humidity just sucks

Reactions: BanditsRoost
It’s even hot in Alaska right now. We be breaking temp records for late June and most of July so far! Nothing compared to what you are going through though. 75 F is hot for us, we like to complain too ?
75 degrees would be welcome but for Alaska that is hot

When it's hot I fly from inside the car with the motor running and the air conditioning on. I can get over a mile range with M2Z and P4P when flying with LOS through the windshield. Occasionally I will also fly from within the car when I don't want to be seen by the public to mitigate attracting attention. All flight prep occurs inside, then I'll set the drone outside, turn it on, get back in the car and takeoff when nobody is nearby.

I took mine up for a short flight yesterday at a wing off after directing traffic into the venue with my fire department. These are just screen captures from the video.

Attachments

• Snapshot_29.jpg
    Snapshot_29.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 236
  • Snapshot_30a.jpg
    Snapshot_30a.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 233
  • Snapshot_31a.jpg
    Snapshot_31a.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 239
Thats where I'am at the humidity just sucks
Cool! What part of NC? I am in Gastonia right near Charlotte. I am going to be going to Garden City Beach SC Aug 3 - 17 to do some surf fishing and I bet the ocean is going to feel like bath water. Hopefully I will get some flying in to. :)

Cool! What part of NC? I am in Gastonia right near Charlotte. I am going to be going to Garden City Beach SC Aug 3 - 17 to do some surf fishing and I bet the ocean is going to feel like bath water. Hopefully I will get some flying in to. :)
Sorry meant that's the way i feel too about the humidity I am not in NC west of you in Indiana

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31