Flying from inside house or car anyone?

For now just leave the gold amps on the remote and connect the lmr 240 straight to them the lmr240 will then connect to the run of lmr400. No need to worry about having amps closet to antenna for now. I get serious range just like this.

Sorry, I'm confused. So you are saying the lmr 600 is better? And if that is the case why can't I run that straight from my amps by the RC straight to the panel on the roof?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

At 100 ft yes 600 would be better but not by a lot. The 600 comes down a tree and into my house and plugs straight into a amp or in my case a dc injector from the amps use lmr 240 to connect to your remote. That help?

Reactions: hotashes
At 100 ft yes 600 would be better but not by a lot. The 600 comes down a tree and into my house and plugs straight into a amp or in my case a dc injector from the amps use lmr 240 to connect to your remote. That help?

Yep,
Run lmr 600 from panel to amp, lmr 240 from amp to RC.

I changed my original idea,
I am going to run it along the side of the house from the second floor, so that will be 10 feet to the soffet and then another 20 feet past the roof. So that will be:

30 feet metal conduit. Using U brackets to attach to the building so that the post will be free standing to be able to turn with some type of locking contraption at the bottom to lock it in place.

2 X 40 feet lmr 600 from panel to amps inside the room
2 X 10 feet lmr 240 from amps to RC
4 X male connectors
4 X female connectors
6"x6" plexi glass to mount the amps and the power pack. I will hang this on the wall where I will make all the connections. This way I can remove the amps should I decide to take them with me to a different location.

Seems good enough to you?

Thank you for all your help

An, just realized something. I don't have to use directional panels, can use the omni ones like the one I your picture from icom, right? That way don't have to worry about turning the post.

An, just realized something. I don't have to use directional panels, can use the omni ones like the one I your picture from icom, right? That way don't have to worry about turning the post.

Yes use omnies no need to turn anything and can tell you that you will not run out of range.

You are funny

They are good.
just check out how much vertical angle you need to cover. 12dbi (ca 150cm) would do it. There are many good shops for antennas. Quite some are from Poland. I ordered mine from yagi.pl . They got good selection and super price!

They are good.
just check out how much vertical angle you need to cover. 12dbi (ca 150cm) would do it. There are many good shops for antennas. Quite some are from Poland. I ordered mine from yagi.pl . They got good selection and super price!

No, I made the remark because the site you mentioned doesn't come up

Now, another question
Where to get the lmr cables and the icom omni?
I've searched the net but rather use your experience here.
Thx

If I remember right J N said (way back in this thread) that he got his LMR cables from Amazon.

Getting forgetful so I may have it wrong.

Dave

Just wondering if you can give your thoughts on these antennae. I am from New Zealand and these are what are available here.

2.4GHz 8dBi Pro Omni Directional HyperGain

2.4GHz 8dBi Pro Omni Directional HyperGain | Omni
Omni

Any help much appreciated!

Thankyou
Hi to New Zealand!
This is a very good antenna. The 8 dbi version got a wider vertical angle than the 12dbi version. Depends on how you want to fly the vertical angle is of importance. For most missions this antenna will be just fine. I got both 8dbi and 12 dbi. I mostly uae 8dbi cause I got it mounted on simple magnet feet.
chhers!

Reactions: hotashes
I just need a good steady 4 kilometers range for farm surveillance. Do you think I would need amps. We live remotely but there are wifi repeaters on my property for local internet so I suspect there will be some interference.
Have Max uav kit on transmitter at present and it is meeting my needs, Just want to be able to sit in office on big screen for ease of looking:)

Reactions: Cleveland
I just need a good steady 4 kilometers range for farm surveillance. Do you think I would need amps. We live remotely but there are wifi repeaters on my property for local internet so I suspect there will be some interference.
Have Max uav kit on transmitter at present and it is meeting my needs, Just want to be able to sit in office on big screen for ease of looking:)

This means you gotta deal with longer antenna cables and this means dampening an already weak receiving signal. A low noise high receive gain amp can help to get arround this and increase range and penetration. I would say it's worth it to invest in amps when running an "office fpv mission". Depends on your budget...

This means you gotta deal with longer antenna cables and this means dampening an already weak receiving signal. A low noise high receive gain amp can help to get arround this and increase range and penetration. I would say it's worth it to invest in amps when running an "office fpv mission". Depends on your budget...

Budget is not really an issue. Just need to get it done. what would be the pick of all the amp options do you feel?

This morning I moved a mob of 1500 sheep 1 km with the drone doing it all while I ate my breakfast and drank a coffee. Man I'm loving this thing!

Reactions: 8154 and BoydBros
Budget is not really an issue. Just need to get it done. what would be the pick of all the amp options do you feel?

This morning I moved a mob of 1500 sheep 1 km with the drone doing it all while I ate my breakfast and drank a coffee. Man I'm loving this thing!
Great! Would be a cool video to Watch..
Lcom got amps that are very good. Especially receiving signal gain with low noise. Go for the better outdoor version with Dc injector ( under link 3-25W amplifiers).

Reactions: 8154

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z