Flying from inside house or car anyone?

This is a test. If this had been an actual event you would have been directed to a operations center. Please be advised a event is in planning.
View attachment 78558
I like this ! Was trying to figure out how I wanted to deal with the injector when this comes off the house and goes on the boat. Keep us updated... thanks
Wish we could power the LTX's internally..

Reactions: IBV
So this is why my TV reception keeps dropping out.
Yes... and if your parakeet suddenly bursts into flames... it wasn't me.

I like this ! Was trying to figure out how I wanted to deal with the injector when this comes off the house and goes on the boat. Keep us updated... thanks
Wish we could power the LTX's internally..
YES!! There is not obvious power point that I could see inside.

If you live in Kentucky.... Yes.... LOL... Johnny has a nuclear powered set up. Bounces his signal off the moon...
Lol!!! Actually it's as simple as it gets. L-com 8.5's on factory L-com magnet base with un-modified cable going to either sunhans or FPVLR amps.

Hope it's okay to ask this here since it's dealing with the car set-up. I'm dealing with the same amp light issue that IBV did back in June of last year. One light not working on one side of the amps. The thing is, it doesn't matter which brand of amps I'm using, same thing happens on the same side. I can switch amps from one side to the other, still the same side will not light up on sunhans or FPVLR. The RX light was not on, on the FPVLR amps when I made the 20,000' run and had great video the whole run with a solid green signal map from HD the whole trip so they had to be working properly.

One discussion with a member lead me to believe that if both sides light up then it's crosstalk. (Sunhans they talk of a fast blinking blue light, FPVLR the light is either on or off.) This person put a bigger spread between antennas and one light would go out. Then last night I stumble across IBV's thread and his conclusion leaned towards a cable issue it seemed. So now, after reading IBV's issues, I'm baffled in what my problem could be, if there is one. I will test today starting with antennas close and see if the light goes out on the RX amp once I increase the spread on antennas, like the other member discovered. If so, would you guys think the same and think it's crosstalk or would it be a cable issue? (Only dealing with 10' of cable unlike IBV's 50'...) In the sunhan user manual, it's speaking of one amp. It doesn't describe when using 2 amps with one receiving. This will be my test for today. :)

Reactions: GrammatonxXXxCleric
Lol!!! Actually it's as simple as it gets. L-com 8.5's on factory L-com magnet base with un-modified cable going to either sunhans or FPVLR amps.

Hope it's okay to ask this here since it's dealing with the car set-up. I'm dealing with the same amp light issue that IBV did back in June of last year. One light not working on one side of the amps. The thing is, it doesn't matter which brand of amps I'm using, same thing happens on the same side. I can switch amps from one side to the other, still the same side will not light up on sunhans or FPVLR. The RX light was not on, on the FPVLR amps when I made the 20,000' run and had great video the whole run with a solid green signal map from HD the whole trip so they had to be working properly.

One discussion with a member lead me to believe that if both sides light up then it's crosstalk. (Sunhans they talk of a fast blinking blue light, FPVLR the light is either on or off.) This person put a bigger spread between antennas and one light would go out. Then last night I stumble across IBV's thread and his conclusion leaned towards a cable issue it seemed. So now, after reading IBV's issues, I'm baffled in what my problem could be, if there is one. I will test today starting with antennas close and see if the light goes out on the RX amp once I increase the spread on antennas, like the other member discovered. If so, would you guys think the same and think it's crosstalk or would it be a cable issue? (Only dealing with 10' of cable unlike IBV's 50'...) In the sunhan user manual, it's speaking of one amp. It doesn't describe when using 2 amps with one receiving. This will be my test for today. :)
I read (Don't ask where, can't remember) think on a amp description, that RX light won't light up for less than 3db signal.

Ahh. What could I do to correct? Or should I not even worry about it?
I wouldn't worry. The real test is if it works at distance. The transmitter on the drone is very weak in relation to the controller and amps. If it works well... think of all the $$ savings you're getting on the amps LED lights..

Try holding the drone next to the amp/antenna. Does the RX light up? (With the antennas spread).

I will test this. I know it didn't matter if the bird was in front of the car or 20,000' out, no light.
20,000ft. out and... wondering if it wasn't working? (Yoos funneh. (Jersey accent).

Send me some sunshine. I'll pay well....

4f1d3d904d3f882fca7f15d51e23061b.jpg

That'll be $20 :)

I read (Don't ask where, can't remember) think on a amp description, that RX light won't light up for less than 3db signal.
Same thing I remember reading, just cant remember were. seems like the Suhnan's need to be close to the receive antenna to trigger the light.
What do the lights do when it's hooked up to the DBS ?
My RF Linx amps cross talk. I thought cross talk was from the outgoing TX signal. Mine lights up the TX light on the RX amp if I turn it way up or get the antenna to close together. Doesn't seem to make a performance difference.

Turbo

Reactions: JohnnyB
Ok Gram, it did light up the RX light on the sunhan amp when I got the birds TX about 2" from RX antenna. Then the closer I got from there the brighter the blue light got. As far as antenna spread, it did not matter how close or far.. ( 0 - 20' ) no light on RX amp.

Last edited:
Reactions: elarryland
Birdside antennas are 3dB correct? Looks like birdside antenna mod would be in order... (Looks for OT at work)

Birdside antennas are 3dB correct? Looks like birdside antenna mod would be in order... (Looks for OT at work)
From what I gather, the drone's antennas are 3-4 db. I read a post of guy modding... (Love it)... a controller antenna ( 7db) to the drone transmitter. I am doing the same. I had 4 controller antennas, but broke one so I ordered another. Excuses indeed!

Reactions: JohnnyB and cstout
From what I gather, the drone's antennas are 3-4 db. I read a post of guy modding... (Love it)... a controller antenna ( 7db) to the drone transmitter. I am doing the same. I had 4 controller antennas, but broke one so I ordered another. Excuses indeed!

I'm excited to hear more about this one!

Reactions: JohnnyB
Drone-side from 3 to 7db.... what part is not understood??

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West