Flying from inside house or car anyone?

the phantom 3 pro/adv uses 2.4ghz for video and 5.8 for controls. these antennas work for both?

It's all 2.4

Attachments

• 1461722659898.jpg
    1461722659898.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 803
been flying from inside my car with just windsurfer mod. Man wish I had done this long ago. Went 1 mile the other day with no loss of signal and all from the comfort of my car. No sun glare or anything. Been just buzzing around at work from inside the car also. Very interested in the roof mounted ant. any info on the best ones would be appreciated.

I tried to fly from inside my house yesterday and mirror DJI Go to my AppleTV (I live in and area where it's possible). I was inside and had the mirror working but as the Phantom was warming up I lost my AppleTV connection to the Ipad and couldn't get it back. I just went outside and flew. Thought it would be cool to sit up and watch the tv with the wife of the Phantoms view.

Reactions: Hellhunter
I tried to fly from inside my house yesterday and mirror DJI Go to my AppleTV (I live in and area where it's possible). I was inside and had the mirror working but as the Phantom was warming up I lost my AppleTV connection to the Ipad and couldn't get it back. I just went outside and flew. Thought it would be cool to sit up and watch the tv with the wife of the Phantoms view.
I fly outside and use my nexus 7 and chromecast to mirror the image to my 60" tv and the kids watch inside while I am outside flying.

I fly outside and use my nexus 7 and chromecast to mirror the image to my 60" tv and the kids watch inside while I am outside flying.

Excellent. I am going to have to try and figure things out to get it to mirror to my AppleTV.

That's the one. Just disconnect the dbs from both amps and plug in the magnetic omnies and enjoy.
I cannot wait to give this a try. I especially like the Omni-directional ability. Lends to a lot more adventures for the P4 & P3A

That's the one. Just disconnect the dbs from both amps and plug in the magnetic omnies and enjoy.
Jeremiah,

Thanks for the feedback.
I guess you usually get what you pay for.

I am wondering if the L-com antenna will work without the amplifier.

I am going to mod my remote this weekend to add the itelite antenna and therefore I will have the lead on the outside of my remote to attached to the omni antenna.

Also unless I am wrong it looks like there would be just one lead from the roof mount antenna (unless I purchased 2, which I am not planning on doing), would I leave one leave attached to the itelite antenna and then the other one would go to the roof mount? Does it matter which goes to which?

Thanks again!

Appreciate that I am just trying to learn and try new things different than the norm. I do think it is a safer way to do long distance because with omnies you always have signal and don't have to aim your remote. For the record I am no expect by any means. This time last year I didn't even know what a phantom was or what it even did lol.

Well, by the "height" thing I said, I meant the antennas mounted up high.
I so want to build like a tiny addon to my house, like what do they call those where the sailors wife would stand on and watch the boats sail away, a widows watch?
If I could build or if have to have built a staircase (**** knees and back won't let me go up a ladder) and a platform where I could sit and say at waist high would be above the top of my house, that alone would be awesome and give me a lot more distance.
That would cost maybe $2000-$3000 bucks, if Icould even get it permitted. So $500 for the nice cable LM-400 and L-Com antennas, mounted off my chimney, then not be eaten by bugs, and the heat kills me too with my meds. So it's not ideal, I don't have huge windows overlooking a nice big rolling hills type place, I'd be in a mancave, but if I did do all that, I'm sure I'd be using my wall mounted 65" curved top shelve 9 series Samsung instead of my Asus 8" (which is really nice, but it's not 65"!)

I first want to get the MaxxUAV system, once I have that I'll get the antennas, which will force me to get the American made LM-400 cable. This is all down the road, but, I've decided even if I get typhoon H, this will still work, except one antenna will be 5.8ghz, but I am sure the same dynamics are in play, good omni source antennas, the height to break out the distance, and looks like the ST16 is even easier to connect better antenna and amps because of the way it's designed. So I'm on hold right now for everything until this weekend and can read some reviews. I may not even wait, I'll have 45 days again to decide.....
Thanks for all the great info though Jeremiah, this, your info has put a lot of guys on notice, shyt, or get off the pot, as this can, and is being done successfully.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: The Ghost
Jeremiah,

Thanks for the feedback.
I guess you usually get what you pay for.

I am wondering if the L-com antenna will work without the amplifier.

I am going to mod my remote this weekend to add the itelite antenna and therefore I will have the lead on the outside of my remote to attached to the omni antenna.

Also unless I am wrong it looks like there would be just one lead from the roof mount antenna (unless I purchased 2, which I am not planning on doing), would I leave one leave attached to the itelite antenna and then the other one would go to the roof mount? Does it matter which goes to which?

Thanks again!
I'm almost positive he said that using without the amps works really well on its own.
I know he said for the house to even do it all without the amps first, the car I don't remember but know he said they'll work without them for sure, it's all in the thread, if I was ready and getting it all right now, I'd personally re-read the whole thread. I know right before I buy a couple things I'm going to go back and look at exactly what he said about the connectors.
And are you flying a P3S? Then just one antenna, otherwise there are two just like the stock antenna, so you need to have both. This was also talked about where on the P4 ppl lose signal the opposite from the P3 (I think the latter lost control and former losses video downlink first ) so you kinda have to boost both.
Unless there is a 3rd option that occurs to me you might be doing, and that's using a Y splitter and putting both to one antenna? I don't know if that works, and don't think it's suggested.
But good luck on the build, I can't wait to hear how it goes for you.

You guys can try without amps if you want. I always use amps but you don't have to.

Attachments

• Boromir 26042016124625.jpg
    Boromir 26042016124625.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 549
Reactions: Moose
I am not sure what you are saying but u need 2 antennas
I gotcha, I totally missed that you had two on your car.
One for video and one for RC
They might make a splitter to put both cables to just the one antenna but that would probably create issues I am not aware of.
You got a good thing going with your setup

So I could do this un-amplified and it might work, but regardless I need 2 of the antennas.
I think you said yours are amplified.
Are these the amps you are using?
Sunhans SHRC24G3WP 2.4ghz 3W Amplifier
If not which ones are you using?
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20