Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Awesome thread, took a couple hours to read it all, lol.

Jeremiah, when launching from your house, do you set your quad out the front door or do you have a pad outside a window?

Also, are you using the same antennas on your house as your car?

Thanks!!!

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Pretty much same antenna on the house just different brand. Yes I set the p4 outside on the back porch and take off and landed in the same spot using the camera.

Reactions: BoydBros
that's a nice setup. I never seen anything like that. Maybe next time you can make small video with the tools needed so we can try it our self. The type of Antenna and the site you got all your parts....
He's been through all of what type and kind and model and numers, if you guys are really interested, read the postings, all this is covered, possibly not the holesaw size he used...
I have to say Jerimiah Has a ton of patience!! He's answered same questions over and over....
By the way J, I have that huge 6"X10" Itlilite coming, along with the dual Sunhans clean install kit with Anker battery from MaxxUAV! I can't wait, next is the L-coms, going to attach them to my chimney for added height, I have a single story but that kind of super tall roofline (like 14' attic space!) so the chimney should get me to about 35'.
I love the clean look of the antenna mounted, that's awesome.

So, I've seen this on other sites, they use attentuaters? Sp? And or filters, Some are for NOT stepping all over the "floor" for noise in the wifi band intruding on say GPS and other bands ppl are using.
The other reason is as important, the power out has to be in line with the power the amps can handle, so the power has to be the same as the amps input can handle, as no one else is doing this, I surmise DJI controllers don't need this for these amps

I actually agree with all you said. I should have just stuck to facts and let others reach their own conclusions.

As to the facts: regardless of the technology, there needs to be a wave emanating from the controller that will reach the bird. If it does not reach it, the handshake is irrelevant. I have to reemphasize: I am not debating his range. Being at 1000ft high, when you are at 20,000 ft distance, is definitely within the radiation cone.

As to me calling his BS, use whatever better term you want but look at his roof and tell me if that is a 50ft antenna. For comparison purposes the following is a real 50ft antenna tower:
View attachment 52423

As to a fake 50'? What's the difference? If there are no lies, and say with my chimney and tall roofline, mine are 35' in the air, vs a 35' mast, what's the difference? Both clear surrounding (immediate surroundings)

He's been through all of what type and kind and model and numers, if you guys are really interested, read the postings, all this is covered, possibly not the holesaw size he used...
I have to say Jerimiah Has a ton of patience!! He's answered same questions over and over....
By the way J, I have that huge 6"X10" Itlilite coming, along with the dual Sunhans clean install kit with Anker battery from MaxxUAV! I can't wait, next is the L-coms, going to attach them to my chimney for added height, I have a single story but that kind of super tall roofline (like 14' attic space!) so the chimney should get me to about 35'.

So, I've seen this on other sites, they use attentuaters? Sp? And or filters, Some are for NOT stepping all over the "floor" for noise in the wifi band intruding on say GPS and other bands ppl are using.
The other reason is as important, the power out has to be in line with the power the amps can handle, so the power has to be the same as the amps input can handle, as no one else is doing this, I surmise DJI controllers don't need this for these amps

Hey thanks ive had lots of fun with this and I have to admit I am just learning and my knowledge is LIMITED. I hope others with more experience will chime in and improve things for the rest of us. My house is kind of down in a hole surrounded by trees and I still get very good range. I am sure there are things I can improve. I think I need to space the antennas farther apart. They are about 5 ft apart now. I would like to put them on opposite ends of the house but that means using one longer extension. If I do that I will put the longer run on my control as that always seems strongest. Next thing is I want to get some outdoor amps and put them on the roof close to the antennas.

Reactions: Sim597

Please post after you get the lcoms set up about to order maxxrange myself. Already have the maxxuav mount amps and battery pack. Very pleased with everything

Reactions: Sim597
Please post after you get the lcoms set up about to order maxxrange myself. Already have the maxxuav mount amps and battery pack. Very pleased with everything
Man I was on late last night adding everything, so If I go with one of those temp mast poles, for the cable and a 24' antenna mast it's about $200 exactly, I'm at $179 but was holding off on the final pigtails until I could double check what the "N" connectors to the amps would need (the pin or hole). It's also about the same if I add the extra LMR-400 cable and mount them to roof.
I found a mimo antenna, that's dual ins and sometimes called dual polarization. I was all set to maybe just do a single and have it do both channels, lucky one pic showed what was up, they had one channel vertical polarIzed, the other was horizontal polarization! I was like no! No no! Lol so back to square one. I did come across 2 used L-coms for $29 a piece, they're not as good as the $83 or $95 L-coms, but I'm sure they would work for me, they're like eight series where the ones you have are nine series, they're not as long basically and 8.5 dB not 9, oh, the series, 8 and 9 duh! Lol if I mount on roof and don't have to buy antenna poles and mount and all that, it's still like $200 and better because I'm back inside the house, not standing in back yard with a mast lol.

What's the reason you want to separate? That worries me because I plan on using the chimney and that's only like 2 square feet, maybe 2'X3'

Another things is, I always lose signal first, but I expect that to change when boosted, due to the mechanics of the boosters and transmissions, I expect the extra gain on that side will offset what I lose now, you understand me right Jeremiah? The booster can boost the control signal easier and more then it can recieving the video signal, is what I think.

I'd love to bite this bullet sooner then later, I mean, about $200, $120 for 2X50' cable, 2 eBay 8.5 L-Coms $60 and $20 in hardware to mount and a couple pigtails and jeez, I could really sit in the house and have better range then if standing out side, this is gonna happen! Lol I do need to wait at least a month to come up with the $$ on the side, wife is sick of me spending money.

Hey thanks ive had lots of fun with this and I have to admit I am just learning and my knowledge is LIMITED. I hope others with more experience will chime in and improve things for the rest of us. My house is kind of down in a hole surrounded by trees and I still get very good range. I am sure there are things I can improve. I think I need to space the antennas farther apart. They are about 5 ft apart now. I would like to put them on opposite ends of the house but that means using one longer extension. If I do that I will put the longer run on my control as that always seems strongest. Next thing is I want to get some outdoor amps and put them on the roof close to the antennas.
Dude, I don't think anyone has actually went out and done what you have, your a pioneer man! Sure ppl thought about it, but if your not the first, you were the first to post your outcome, nice job too Jeremiah.

Man I was on late last night adding everything, so If I go with one of those temp mast poles, for the cable and a 24' antenna mast it's about $200 exactly, I'm at $179 but was holding off on the final pigtails until I could double check what the "N" connectors to the amps would need (the pin or hole). It's also about the same if I add the extra LMR-400 cable and mount them to roof.
I found a mimo antenna, that's dual ins and sometimes called dual polarization. I was all set to maybe just do a single and have it do both channels, lucky one pic showed what was up, they had one channel vertical polarIzed, the other was horizontal polarization! I was like no! No no! Lol so back to square one. I did come across 2 used L-coms for $29 a piece, they're not as good as the $83 or $95 L-coms, but I'm sure they would work for me, they're like eight series where the ones you have are nine series, they're not as long basically and 8.5 dB not 9, oh, the series, 8 and 9 duh! Lol if I mount on roof and don't have to buy antenna poles and mount and all that, it's still like $200 and better because I'm back inside the house, not standing in back yard with a mast lol.

What's the reason you want to separate? That worries me because I plan on using the chimney and that's only like 2 square feet, maybe 2'X3'

Another things is, I always lose signal first, but I expect that to change when boosted, due to the mechanics of the boosters and transmissions, I expect the extra gain on that side will offset what I lose now, you understand me right Jeremiah? The booster can boost the control signal easier and more then it can recieving the video signal, is what I think.

I'd love to bite this bullet sooner then later, I mean, about $200, $120 for 2X50' cable, 2 eBay 8.5 L-Coms $60 and $20 in hardware to mount and a couple pigtails and jeez, I could really sit in the house and have better range then if standing out side, this is gonna happen! Lol I do need to wait at least a month to come up with the $$ on the side, wife is sick of me spending money.[/QUOTE

Get the l coms you won't regret it. I don't have any pig tails in my set up. My amps are plugged right into the lmr400. Then lmr240 from amps directly to remote. I did use a 90 degree adapter from the sma connectors on the remote tho. I wouldn't worry about the spacing of the antennas to much. Mine are pretty close and works fine. I am just wanting to improve on range if possible.

I know, I almost bought them last night, just to have them, and maybe jump start the program lol, you mean get the ones I'm looking at right? They are called like super gain, or hyper gain I think, yeah hyper gain professional antenna, carrier grade, like I said they're a little shorter with a little less dBi but, I mean, cmon, although maybe When I do it I'll see if I can't get the good ones, there's even the awesome ones! The 15dBi ones for $145 wow, but again, need to somehow do this for under the $200 I set.
But see you got the right adapters, the cable I picked has the N connectors, so I just have to get the "N"s to the sma style I need, they have one piece adapters, pig tails, what you did was use some "whips" right, to make the remote easier to hold and move because the lmr-240 is easier to maneuver right?
See, some of us have been listening lol

Truth b told, after now getting both Itlilite antennas, and the EVO Kit, I've again spent more then I should have, so if I can save $60 I may, it's actually more, these are $29 shipped, those are like $85-$95 maybe shipped, so to save $100 for a .5dB I might have too

Don't get 15dbi. 8 to 9 dbi. Look for the hawking 2.4 outdoor wifi omni: that's actually what's on the roof of my house
It's too narrow ain't it? Ok, well I can't afford them anyway, I forgot you did mention these hawking ones, ok lemme look at those

It's too narrow ain't it? Ok, well I can't afford them anyway, I forgot you did mention these hawking ones, ok lemme look at those[/QUO

Buy the good stuff the first time it's cheaper than buying lesser quality then replacing down the road with what you should have bought the first time

If anyone wants to watch I am uploading a video now of the indoor ground station in action. Nothing crazy just a little demonstration of the flexibility of the omnies on the roof in non ideal environment. Trees, HEAVY WIFI, ATF, DNR and Mental Health right behind me. For the internet police here this is NOT a usual route so calm down in advance. Anyway, I will post a link when its up. There is no sound and not intended for entertainment purposes. But if you are considering this it gives you an idea what its like to sit in you living room and fly with no chains. Also, for anyone with 4k tvs your in for a treat. I have the Samsung js curved and colors with Lightbridge hdmi out is FANTISATIC. Any hdtv will do and it adds so much more to the experience. It will ruin the current relationship that you have now standing outside with your remote.

Last edited:
If anyone wants to watch I am uploading a video now of the indoor ground station in action. Nothing crazy just a little demonstration of the flexibility of the omnies on the
in non ideal environment. Trees, HEAVY WIFI, ATF, DNR and Mental Health right behind me. For the internet police here this is NOT a usual route so calm down in advance. Anyway, I will post a link when its up. There is no sound and not intended for entertainment purposes. But if you are considering this it gives you an idea what its like to sit in you living room and fly with no chains. Also, for anyone with 4k tvs your in for a treat. I have the Samsung js curved and colors with Lightbridge hdmi out is FANTISATIC. Any hdtv will do and it adds so much more to the experience. It will ruin the current relationship that you have now standing outside with your remote.
You sir are DAH MAN. Can't wait to see the video.

OK. I'll be that guy... Any thoughts if this will work with the Typhoon H?

Also, what is the USB battery pack for?... to power the amps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctlfreak