Flying erradically

Reaction score
Flight was going good, stable, GPS mode holding. Then I added the upgraded taller wider legs to fit a better gimbal. Now when it takes off its not holding GPS or attitude. Will take off 10 ft high then want to land. recallibrated, lights all good, same thing. Read online about the compass possibly getting magnetized. Read/watched videos, tried demagnetization, didn't work. Suggestions?

Flight was going good, stable, GPS mode holding. Then I added the upgraded taller wider legs to fit a better gimbal. Now when it takes off its not holding GPS or attitude. Will take off 10 ft high then want to land. recallibrated, lights all good, same thing. Read online about the compass possibly getting magnetized. Read/watched videos, tried demagnetization, didn't work. Suggestions?

What upgraded legs did you install? Did you move the compass?
Did you calibrate the IMU?

I just order some legs off of amazon. I did move the compass. I did not calibrate the IMU.

Compass location and orientation are important, pictures could help.

I'd start with advanced IMU calibration. Make sure the surface is level.
While you're in the assistant see what the compass mod values are, it should be about 1400.

Compass location and orientation are important, pictures could help.

I'd start with advanced IMU calibration. Make sure the surface is level.
While you're in the assistant see what the compass mod values are, it should be about 1400.

OK-I didn't relocate the compass just screwed it back onto where it was before I added the upgraded legs but on the new legs. Ill do a IMU calibration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31