FLY ZONE

There isn't a whole lot of space between the AFB and several airports in Shreveport area that have no fly zones down to the surface.

Put in my address and see what you think. (2912 Jamerson Rd. Haughton, La.) Barksdale AFB (KBAD)

Put in my address and see what you think. (2912 Jamerson Rd. Haughton, La.) Barksdale AFB (KBAD)

You should be good to go.....the maps are all over the place I am afraid, but DJI has ideas of its own. I would drive over to the AFB and talk to some people. They will probably love talking to you....

You are in the class "C" of Shreveport Regional Airport not the AFB but you would also be in the class "E5" airspace of the other Shreveport airport. Looks like you are in a very congested area of differing airspaces which would explain the restriction from DJI.

You should be good to go.....the maps are all over the place I am afraid, but DJI has ideas of its own. I would drive over to the AFB and talk to some people. They will probably love talking to you....

I don't know what good it would do. I think dji has it all wrong

It is not the AFB that is causing your restriction, it is the regional and municipal airports in Shreveport causing it.

You are in the class "C" of Shreveport Regional Airport not the AFB but you would also be in the class "E5" airspace of the other Shreveport airport. Looks like you are in a very congested area of differing airspaces which would explain the restriction from DJI.

How in the hell did you come up with that prediction. I need to go back to school. Shreveport Regional Airport is further away from me than Barksdale AFB. This is getting way above my level

Go the the site I quoted and after putting in your address click on the "Layers" button on the top right side of the page. The first two layers are already selected as they are the restricted zones. Start clicking on each airspace but give the map a few seconds to up date before you click on the next one and you will see starting from the class c box the map will sart showing you the zones. Uncheck the class c box and click on the class e layers and e5 will come in.

He is in Class C airspace 1600 to 4,000 as marked on the sectional chart.
VFRMAP - Digital Aeronautical Charts

This pop-up from clicking on Racers the "visualize map" at his location.

Identifier KSHV
Name SHREVEPORT REGIONAL AIRPORT CLASS C
Description of the Upper Limit Value TI
Upper Limit Value 4300
Upper Limit Unit of Measure FT
Code for the Upper Limit MSL
Description of the Lower Limit Value
Lower Limit Value 1600
Lower Limit Unit of Measure FT
Code for the Lower Limit MSL
Type Code CLASS
Local Type CLASS_C
Class C
Military Code CIV
Name of the Communication Outlet
Level of the Airspace L
Sector
Onshore 1
Exclusion Area 0
Work Hour Code H24
Work Hour Remarks
Daylight Saving Time Code
GMT Offset
Controlling Agent
City SHREVEPORT
State LA
Country

Last edited:
Go the the site I quoted and after putting in your address click on the "Layers" button on the top right side of the page. The first two layers are already selected as they are the restricted zones. Start clicking on each airspace but give the map a few seconds to up date before you click on the next one and you will see starting from the class c box the map will sart showing you the zones. Uncheck the class c box and click on the class e layers and e5 will come in.

I be ****. You are right. Thanks. I'm not familiar with E5 airspace. I will need to look into that. Thanks again much appreciated

Here are the screen shots:
One with the blue is the class "C" from the regional airport and the other one shows the class
2017-08-18_22-19-15.jpg
2017-08-18_22-20-12.jpg

Identifier KSHV
Upper Limit Value 4300
Lower Limit Value 1600
Type Code CLASS
Local Type CLASS_C
Class C
Military Code CIV
Level of the Airspace L
Sector
Onshore 1
Exclusion Area 0
Work Hour Code H24
Work Hour Remarks
GMT Offset
Controlling Agent
City SHREVEPORT
State LA
Country

Identifier KSHV
Upper Limit Value 4300
Lower Limit Value 1600
Type Code CLASS
Local Type CLASS_C
Class C
Military Code CIV
Level of the Airspace L
Sector
Onshore 1
Exclusion Area 0
Work Hour Code H24
Work Hour Remarks
GMT Offset
Controlling Agent
City SHREVEPORT
State LA
Country

"E5"

This from the "visualize map" at his location.

Identifier KSHV
Upper Limit Value 4300
Lower Limit Value 1600
Type Code CLASS
Local Type CLASS_C
Class C
Military Code CIV
Level of the Airspace L
Sector
Onshore 1
Exclusion Area 0
Work Hour Code H24
Work Hour Remarks
GMT Offset
Controlling Agent
City SHREVEPORT
State LA
Country

Yes, and the E5 he is in has a 700 foot agl ceiling so you are correct in that he should be able to fly, but who knows what DJI is looking at.

Here are the screen shots:
One with the blue is the class "C" from the regional airport and the other one shows the classView attachment 86934 View attachment 86935

"E5"

Yes, and the E5 he is in has a 700 foot agl ceiling so you are correct in that he should be able to fly, but who knows what DJI is looking at.

I should still be able to fly. If correct its 700 ft. agl inside which thats where I'm at and 1200 ft. agl outside

I agree, I also looked at the charts on Sky Vector but it is a little hard to determine your exact spot but it looks like there is conflicting information between the charts as it kind of looks like you might be in that inner class "C" from the regional airport.
skyvector.jpg

Reactions: andyimages
Actually Sky Vector looks more like you are in the class C outer circle of the AFB and maybe the AFB has declared all their space restricted and the charts have not been updated to show that??

I agree, I also looked at the charts on Sky Vector but it is a little hard to determine your exact spot but it looks like there is conflicting information between the charts as it kind of looks like you might be in that inner class "C" from the regional airport.View attachment 86936

I'm not in the inner Class C Circle

Actually Sky Vector looks more like you are in the class C outer circle of the AFB and maybe the AFB has declared all their space restricted and the charts have not been updated to show that??

Well I have gone to skyvector, airmap, arcgis and none of them show me in that Class C Airspace. I'm in the outer circle which starts at 1600 ft. You may be right about updates but mean while I should be able to fly where I'm at. This sucks with dji. I guess I well try and contact them since they have my drone shut down and not able to fly in this area

Pretty much the only thing you can do. Maybe they can unlock your drone if they see where you are??? I am certainly glad I fly in an area without any major airports. I am in an MOA but it is not restricted.

I agree, I also looked at the charts on Sky Vector but it is a little hard to determine your exact spot but it looks like there is conflicting information between the charts as it kind of looks like you might be in that inner class "C" from the regional airport.View attachment 86936

The outer ring of class C airspace (solid magenta) is from 1600 to 4300 feet. Below that there is Class E (shaded magenta), as you said, from 700 feet to 1600 feet, and below that, from the SFC to 700 is Class G. At least thats what I get from the chart.......

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94