Fly Safe database update help

Reaction score
I'm trying to update this and I'm going nowhere with it. My issue is that when it instructs me to connect the AC to my mobile device, well, I have a P4 Pro+ with the attached monitor. No "mobile device". I have tried to connect the radio directly to the AC through the USB ports on the TX and the AC and that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? I'm pretty sure the answer is a simple one.

I don’t have a p4p+ so this may not work, but my p4 came with a usb to micro usb and an adapter that would make it micro usb to micro usb. Using both, you should be able to connect the crystal sky monitor aka mobile device to your AC.

You use the Micro USB port on the RC with a adapter that came with it and a micro USB cable (so basically you have a micro USB on both ends)

This video gets into the firmware update process using USB, similar for the fly safe database:

It finally updated once I used the micro USB port on the TX. Thanks guys. I knew it was something simple and I didn't think it mattered which USB port I used. Obviously, it does. Thanks again.:D

If your remote controller is connected to a Wi-Fi network, you can download those database updates without any cables.

This video gets into the firmware update process using USB, similar for the fly safe database:
That's great for the main firmware but doesn't work for the "Precise Fly Safe Database". I've tried with the adapter (usb to mini sub) on P4P+ to remote mini sub. FAIL I've tried with the adapter on remote mini sub to P4P+ mini sub. FAIL. I've tried big usb on controller to the P4P+ mini usb, only makes led on P4P+ blink red. FAIL.
How do I get rid of the pop up saying to update as soon as possible?

See if anything here help
Screenshot_20180405-085209.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT