Flown into tree

Reaction score
Has anyone flown into a tree with little to no damage I flew into a tree today with phantom 4 pro i went up and out the top and other than leaf gunk all over it it seems to be perfectly fine

Couple yrs. ago I flew my P2 Vision+ into the top of a 80-ft. oak --- then watched it tumble through branch after branch on the way down until it landed in wet snow and leaves --- had to clean it up with a towel but amazingly, no damage and worked fine afterwards --- those **** Chinese make good stuff !!

Reactions: macoman
Ok just wondering my phantom 4 pro is only 3 days old and I was flying in atti because with my first firmware update I had some issues with it and it just went right into the top of the tree and to my surprise there is not even a nick in the blades but was wondering if it could have damaged a motor but everything sounds and flies fine

Ok just wondering my phantom 4 pro is only 3 days old and I was flying in atti because with my first firmware update I had some issues with it and it just went right into the top of the tree and to my surprise there is not even a nick in the blades but was wondering if it could have damaged a motor but everything sounds and flies fine

These type of motors (brushless outrunner) are very sturdy by design.

The four things you could damage from impact it would be inoperable or make noises, vibration, broken windings, bent shaft, damaged bearings, or dislodged magnet(s) from the can.

Mine flew "landed" in a tree and worked fine after... until the following week when I flew it into another tree and it fell 50 feet. Cracked casing, camera snapped off.

If the motor spins freely with no binding, excess end float or roughness your biggest concern is the power mosfets in the ESC, locked rotor currents may easily exceed their rating.

Reactions: BCBasher
Yeah I hope i ha e learned my lesson i have had three successful flights sense the crash and no issues so I plan to stay out of the trees

Had a minor crash in a metal fence and it threw the drone to the floor. Few seconds later it was flying again, and I didn't noticed until I got home that one of the props was chipped lol

If the motor spins freely with no binding, excess end float or roughness your biggest concern is the power mosfets in the ESC, locked rotor currents may easily exceed their rating.

Not sure about all model but when my buddy manged to bypass the OA on my P4 and back it into a wall it killed all motors as soon as one made contact so far as I could tell.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72