FLOWN INSIDE A NIGHT CLUB FIRST TIME EVER

neil64 said:
Operating equipment like this comes with responsibilities, and it is events like this that are giving people like the rest of us a really bad image. In the future, please use some sense and be responsible, if not for your own good, then for the rest of us.

And what you mean the rest of US aha how pathetic what i have to conform and do what you all do other wise I get told i am wrong grow up..... I am an adult I can do what I want with my quad copter when I want how I want. The rest of us pfft

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
So what was I doing that is so wrong ? Really please tell me ? How does this make me an idiot ? Doping something stupid is a matter of opinion ...... and were have i bragged about anything ?

Fly your Phantom into your face and then let us know if you still have questions.

ghinson said:
If you want to breathe fire over your faithful crowd of partiers, go for it. It's your job, your business' license and liability, and even the customer's own acknowledgement of consent if they stick around or come back a second time.

But when you do this and then brag about it in a forum of other DJI pilots, you had to realize the reaction you would get. We're not wowed by your piloting skills; this really isn't that impressive from a piloting point of view, and by bragging about the rush it gave you, more a marker of your immaturity than your skills. We are more concerned about how such irresponsible use gives a bad name to all of us!

Irresponsible use is a matter of opinion considering how high the ceilings were and the stage I had for landing and take of think it was ok. To be honest I did not think every one in this community was so toffee nosed, at the end of the day I plan on doing things with my DJI more than just flying it in a big open space were there is nothing to look at. I am already involved in a film were I need to fly it in my local shopping mall to film scenes and so on so I need as much practise in this environment as possible. I do not need to be put down and told I am an idiot when I am just expanding my skills, so what if I got a buzz from it I am only human it does not mean i am immature god you guys need to get out more seriously

ianwood said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:
So what was I doing that is so wrong ? Really please tell me ? How does this make me an idiot ? Doping something stupid is a matter of opinion ...... and were have i bragged about anything ?

Fly your Phantom into your face and then let us know if you still have questions.

REALLY AND I AM THE IDIOT HERE OK

Can I as a couple of Questions:-

Which country do you live in
How much insurance have you got, even if you have it would not be valid with the irresponsible flying in the small print

I have been hit by a model airplane when I was at school, the plastic propeller did quite a lot of damage to my arm. We have got the NHS in the UK, so did not have the £1K medical bills you get in the USA etc

Anybody reading this post, please do not fly over people heads. If the battery fails, strong radio interference causing the phantom to fall, you could do quite a lot of damage.

Could you live with yourself if you blinded somebody or worse?

Rich

Rich007 said:
Can I as a couple of Questions:-

Which country do you live in
How much insurance have you got, even if you have it would not be valid with the irresponsible flying in the small print

I have been hit by a model airplane when I was at school, the plastic propeller did quite a lot of damage to my arm. We have got the NHS in the UK, so did not have the £1K medical bills you get in the USA etc

Anybody reading this post, please do not fly over people heads. If the battery fails, strong radio interference causing the phantom to fall, you could do quite a lot of damage.

Could you live with yourself if you blinded somebody or worse?

Rich

I am in the UK, people fly over peoples head every day. People also get run over crossing the road every day, people fall trip die its life if we all lived in fear of bad things happening none of us would ever be ALIVE

Stop and think about it. You now have 35-45 comments in the two threads on this site, full of quad-flying hobbyists, and another 15-20 comments on your youtube link, from a site not known for the intelligence of its commenters, and no one else...NO ONE...thinks this wasn't stupid. Maybe that should tell you something.

ghinson said:
Stop and think about it. You now have 35-45 comments in the two threads on this site, full of quad-flying hobbyists, and another 15-20 comments on your youtube link, from a site not known for the intelligence of its commenters, and no one else...NO ONE...thinks this wasn't stupid. Maybe that should tell you something.
Well about 500 thought it was brilliant

RUSHNREADY DJI said:
I am in the UK, people fly over peoples head every day. People also get run over crossing the road every day, people fall trip die its life if we all lived in fear of bad things happening none of us would ever be ALIVE

People also commit murder every day, but you aren't going around shooting people, are you?

I don't feel the need to tell you how stupid this was, as everybody else is doing a perfectly good job of that.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

The risk in this video far outweigh the benefits. It could of easily been a disaster. A wifi signal that interferes, that tripping guy who was flipping you off May have throw his Molly ball at it and brought it down and a plethora of other bad things that could happen. I have seen videos outside a party's where people threw stuff at the quad. You mentioned crossing a road, have you ever noticed the crosswalks, the crossing lights, the laws pertaining to driving the required insurance drivers have, these are all in place to make it safer to cross a road. What safety measures did you take? Did you have insurance to fly indoors at a public venue? Was there a safety plan in place in case of injuries? My guess is no. If you have ever been to a trade show or someplace else they promote them they fly indoors in a net to prevent injury & damages should something go wrong. If we were to take your ideas and apply them to cars do you then see the problem of 'I do what I want, when I want' mentality?

Suck it up, accept what you did was not in the best interest of everyone there and move on. Defending it just makes you look more foolish.

The problem with the introduction of any new technology is seen here.

There will always be the few who are so desperate for attention from others that they will carry out irrational acts with the technology, hoping it will bring what they most need.

I suggest the rest of us stop trying to reason with the one who has less than reasonable needs.
Let's instead go about demonstrating to the World that the vast majority of us plan use the new technology as a means to help solve man's ever daunting challenges on Earth.

There are plenty of problems requiring solutions. We are, after all, not "entertainers".

But if entertaining is your goal, why not try singing and dancing?

500 thought it was brilliant? As brilliant as pressing play on a cd machine and believing YOU are the entertainment.

Fink said:
RUSHNREADY DJI said:

People also commit murder every day, but you aren't going around shooting people, are you?

I don't feel the need to tell you how stupid this was, as everybody else is doing a perfectly good job of that.

Fink
i-LgFpTrs-M.gif

This is a stupid point your trying to make totally irrelevant to my comments

LuvMyTJ said:
The risk in this video far outweigh the benefits. It could of easily been a disaster. A wifi signal that interferes, that tripping guy who was flipping you off May have throw his Molly ball at it and brought it down and a plethora of other bad things that could happen. I have seen videos outside a party's where people threw stuff at the quad. You mentioned crossing a road, have you ever noticed the crosswalks, the crossing lights, the laws pertaining to driving the required insurance drivers have, these are all in place to make it safer to cross a road. What safety measures did you take? Did you have insurance to fly indoors at a public venue? Was there a safety plan in place in case of injuries? My guess is no. If you have ever been to a trade show or someplace else they promote them they fly indoors in a net to prevent injury & damages should something go wrong. If we were to take your ideas and apply them to cars do you then see the problem of 'I do what I want, when I want' mentality?

Suck it up, accept what you did was not in the best interest of everyone there and move on. Defending it just makes you look more foolish.

There is nothing i need to move on form i did what i did i am not ashamed of it i do not fill foolish i enjoyed it and so did every one there its you guys who need to suck it up and get over it and move on

bobomet said:
The problem with the introduction of any new technology is seen here.

There will always be the few who are so desperate for attention from others that they will carry out irrational acts with the technology, hoping it will bring what they most need.

I suggest the rest of us stop trying to reason with the one who has less than reasonable needs.
Let's instead go about demonstrating to the World that the vast majority of us plan use the new technology as a means to help solve man's ever daunting challenges on Earth.

There are plenty of problems requiring solutions. We are, after all, not "entertainers".

But if entertaining is your goal, why not try singing and dancing?

This technology is not new, I am so desperate for attention form others ? really desperate I do not think so, you really think I flew that in there for attention I have there attention the moment I am on stage dancing I do not need the phantom for that I did it for myself to be honest something to accomplish for myself that also benefited the enjoyment of others. If you look deeper into the reasons why I am involved in a film and will be flying the Phantom 2 through my local shopping mall filming scenes so I have to start getting good at flying it indoors around people some were along the line.... I really could not care that you all trying to put me down it really does not bother me at all. I find it highly entertaining ... I really do

also you going on about new technology that people use it for attention what you do not think people invent things for attention ? your ideology is flawed

I am kind of guessing you guys wont be impressed with me landing the DJI Phantom on some ones head and flying back off then ? Dam that attention seeking stunt did not work either .....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1