Flir in Conservation

Reaction score
I am a long time photographer now running conservation projects in remote Sumatra and can see the amazing benefits a flir camera would help our initiatives to protect the last remaining elephants.
Our projects centre around searching for wild elephant herds and people poaching wildlife and illegal loggers and the use of a flir camera would be an incredible tool to help locate our targets from the air day or night.
Obviously the issue we have is with funding this and needing to test in the field prior to make sure the technology is suited for our needs.

We have a specific drone project you can see here > Drone Patrol Units - Way Kambas but it needs a partnership or support from a provider for the drone and camera and accessories.

I am looking for any recommended companies that may be able to provide support in the form of use of the technology for a reduced cost or free (partnership). Any kind of assistance with making this a reality would be a huge help and we can include acknowledgement of support across all forms of publications in relation to our projects.

A drone project of this sort would be a game changer for conservation in Sumatra and we would love to have the support of a great provider.

Kind Regards
Bruce Levick

Founder of Berdiri
www.berdiri.org
Helping solve conservation and
humanitarian issues throughout Indonesia

Reactions: Vaneik
I can't help u sorry. But im interested in the proyect, im a spanish biology looking for a job so, im enterested in both, in ur proyect and if u know any temporal job in Asia (Sumatra, Camboya, Tailandia...)...tell me pleaseee [emoji1] .

Hope the best in ur proyect!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20