Flight simulator

Reaction score
Looking for some help with the sim. I have the drone and controler on, props off and connected to wi-fi . When on the connect-camera screen I tap on the upper right I get a drop down little window. One says Scan QR and the other is Tutorial with a little hat. When I press on either nothing happens . Would like to get sim working. Any ideas?
Thanks all

Are you using DJI GO or DJI GO 4? You should be using DJI GO since you have a P3S.

From the start screen, you can access the flight simulator here on an Apple device:

DJI-GO-Flight-Simulator.png

Or, from here on an Android device:

DJI-GO-Flight-Simulator-Android.jpg

Last edited:
On my Samsung Galaxy S7, there are 3 horizontal lines on the top right, press that and you get Scan QR and Tutorial. Tap Tutorial to get to that screen with the simulator. Make sure the remote and drone are on first and you are on the drones wifi first.

I tried the DJI simulator last night, I was not impressed at all.

Tobby

I have a P3S. My smart device is a Samsung Tab 3. DJI Go version 3.1.1. I could not get the simulator to work until I set the Tab to factory default settings, and turned off all updates. It has worked fine ever since. Everything also works in all other parts of DJI Go app.

I tried the DJI simulator last night, I was not impressed at all.

Tobby

I agree that the simulator is kinda plain, and boring. Almost no help for learning visual flying. It has been of some help in learning non-visual flying. Practicing RTH, Map Flying, Home Lock, Course Lock, stuff like that.

I also thought that the DJI simulator kind of.... well.... stinks.

Try "QuadcopterFX Simulator". Free on the Play store. It's much better because you get to fly around buildings, fences, trees and even a small pond.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have a P3S and I have never used the Simulator feature. If I do, with the P3S being powered up, do I remove the props or do the motors even turn at all?

If I do, with the P3S being powered up, do I remove the props or do the motors even turn at all?
The motors should not turn on. Even though, it's always a good idea to remove the props before powering on your Phantom indoors -- just in case. It would also be a good idea to point a fan at the gimbal to keep it cool while it's running.

Reactions: Amigorick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic