Flight restriction in an unmarked/published area. Couldn't power up.

Reaction score
Today I attempted to fly my UAS in an area with no restrictions. I got a restricted flight zone warning and was unable to power up my drone. The location(s) were at or near:
718 Front St, Beaufort, NC 28516
34.714897, -76.662290
Can you please tell me why this general location is restricted and prevents me from powering up although there is no published restriction, TFR or anything?
Thank you and God Bless!
Bill

According to DJI's GEO Zone map, that location requires authorization since it's right next to an airport.

"Authorization Zones. In these Zones, which appear yellow in the DJI GO map, users will be prompted with a warning and flight is limited by default. Authorization Zones may be unlocked by authorized users using a DJI verified account."

Well there is kind of in that area.................Notice:

Beaufort.PNG

I always go to DJI Geo zones and get approval. It is in a Class G airspace. Here's the kicker. I spoke with the airport manager yesterday about my flight plans. It was a courtesy call. If you look at the attached map, the west end of the Beaufort waterfront is right in the MICHAEL J SMITH FIELD flight path. At no time was there any mention of flight restriction of any kind, much less one that would prohibit me from powering up.

Attachments

• map.JPG
    map.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 300

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31