Flight Regulations

Reaction score
I am stationed in Germany an just ordered a P3P. How do I go about researching regulations for flight restrictions? I want to fly around historic sites (e.g. old churches, castles, bridges, etc.) as well as in the mountains in Bavaria. Watching videos on YouTube, it seems the restrictions are far more lax here, but I don't want to run afoul of the local authorities.

There's no easy way to do it. In the United States we know that we cannot take off or land in a national park, and we know we are restricted around airports and stadiums. In most other cases you need to ask people around here that might be familiar with the area you are flying - or ask someone who might be in charge at the location you are wanting to fly. If you do have someone approach you... immediately land the Phantom and have a respectful discussion... I find, most times, that clears things up.

I don't know about Europe, but the real problem in the US is that there are a lot of "guidelines" being thrown around and not real laws... so even if you think you have the right to be flying it tends to not be worth the hassle to start an argument if someone tells you you can't fly someplace (unless it's just JOE citizen being a D-Bag).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31