Reaction score
Greetings, relatively P4 hobby flyer. I've been using a few memory cards, and while reviewing footage on a Windows 10 tablet recently I was got memory card errors with one of them.

The card appears fine, it works on my desktop, but I'd still like to format it just in case. I plan to do that in the drone itself via the app.

I am aware that there is a lot of additional data on the cards - folders and files that presumably are part of the flight log history.

Does anyone have any best practices on protecting that information during the formatting process? I've got copies of my videos locally and then in offline storage, but I'd like input on how to keep my flight information backed up for when I eventually make the jump from hobby to commercial flights.

I've also seen some videos here that show overlays with data like height, distance, orientation, etc. Can someone shed light into how that is accomplished?

Cheers!

I am aware that there is a lot of additional data on the cards - folders and files that presumably are part of the flight log history.
It's okay to format the memory card after you copy any needed videos/photos from it. Flight logs are not stored on the memory card.

I've also seen some videos here that show overlays with data like height, distance, orientation, etc. Can someone shed light into how that is accomplished?
Most people use Dashware to display flight data on top of the recorded video. Check out this thread for more details.

QUESTIONS
what is this extension? .STR
and also what can you do with the export files.

QUESTIONS
what is this extension? .STR
and also what can you do with the export files.
.STR is video captions recorded by the drone, stuff like GPS coords and some camera settings. Turn on captions to see what's there when you play video back on a PC/Mac.

thank you for the help. I copied the "bird's" disk into my laptop. They play but I do not know how to turn on captions.

thank you for the help. I copied the "bird's" disk into my laptop. They play but I do not know how to turn on captions.
I'm not sure what computer you have. I'm using windows 10 on a PC and the default movie player. See attached screen shot, the red circle is the icon to turn on captions. This also shows you what the data looks like.

Capture.PNG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4