Flight day 1, test flt 1 no-go

Thank you, thank you, thank you :D

The answers have for the most part have been dancing around my question and you finally answered it. I saw mention in the manual of CSC but had no idea what it was nor did I see any explanation in the manual I downloaded or the videos. I don't think the videos even show the guy doing this ..may be wrong on that.

Again thanks, I have motor spin-up and off to the park I go for the first flt.....slow and easy.

So I can get the entire sequence of led light down pat all the way thru the compass calculation. I have tried this procedure a dozen times and I continually get 3 quick red led lights (poor gps). I'm in an open field with just grass (baseball outfield) and my cell phone/keys/etc are 30 meters away from me and I am at least 5 meters away from my Phantom...any suggestions on how to get to the CSC step? Thanks...

" I continually get 3 quick red led lights (poor gps)"

After the warm up sequence, and compass calibration, if you do that, AND if you have the upper-left switch in GPS mode (and upper right switch in up=OFF......After toggling the upper left switch to do the compass calibration be sure to reset it to GPS...easy to forget)), then you SHOULD be seeing GREEN-RED-RED-RED---pause---GREEN-RED-RED-RED---pause....which would indicate insufficient satellites to fly GPS mode. That usually morphs to GREEN-RED-RED...then eventually to GREEN-RED...then to simply GREEN---GREEN as satellites are aquired. If you are seeing RED-RED-RED ---RED-RED-RED.....then that is something else altogether and does NOT mean insufficient satellites...

If you really, really are NOT getting satellites....repeatedly....in an open field....then come back to EARTH where the satellites are OR you have something defective with your GPS system. One CAN fly without satellites...G-R-R-R....or G-R-R.....either in GPS or ATTI mode but you are going to be in ATTI mode whether you want to or not. Your CSC to start motors WILL work...and you can still fly....altho much less steadily and not recommended for a beginner.

But, to re-iterate, if you are getting R-R-R....without a green before the reds....and can't start the motors...that is an error message and has NOTHING to do with satellites. You are wasting your time waiting for satellites.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20