Fixing DJI's Compass Problem

Andy, I agree, posted to their Facebook page and within 2 hours it was gone.

Is this the correct FB page? https://www.facebook.com/DJIglobal

[/quote]have you posted your problems to their Facebook page? I have been bugging them about it but I sure don't see too many complaining about it there. No complaining brings no action. Doesn't do much good just one or two complaints a week. If they had 10 or 20 or 50 (from different people) i'm sure the fix would come faster.[/quote]

We need to wait a few more days.

And when it comes time to strike, I am going to expect those of you who've been pushing for it the most to come up with the most attention getting images, videos and posting them more frequently to more places than anyone else. So get to work creating you attention catching masterpieces. You can start by posting them here. Let's see what you've got.

Just as a general guideline, an all text post to DJI's FB page without any video or pictures will pretty much guarantee you that no one sees it. That is as effective as not posting anything. You have to create graphics or video. Anything less is pointless.

Kids, kids, kids, be patient to have your toys fixed. Other option is to actually learn to fly them!!!!!!

Andy T said:
squeaky wheels get grease.. hasn't been much squeeking
Squeaky wheels can be very annoying, gets peoples backs up & they take twice as long just to p__s you off. P.S. squeeking has an a in it not 2 e"s

ianwood said:
... So get to work creating you attention catching masterpieces. You can start by posting them here. Let's see what you've got.

Attachments

• Magellen.jpg
    Magellen.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 249
Hi all, my fc 40 is doing this j hook thing, tried every thing to fix it, and it lead me here, im in Bermuda, my brother & a friend don't have this problem, with there's, after 5 - 6 min it seems to fly better, but dose the same thing on every new flight, so I guess ill just ride out the storm, until theres a fix, most of the time in atti its fine, I like that mood better, glad I found this site, thank you all for any help, if there is any.

Andy T said:

OK, so it's put your money where your mouth is time. Create some content that squeaks and squeaks loudly. If DJI doesn't give us the 2nd beta by this weekend (and doesn't have a legitimate reason for it), we'll put the sparrow back to work on DJI's FB page. But that will only be with pictures and videos that produce a real impact.

Your job is to create that impact. Create a video or a graphic that will get attention. Post it here. When we decide to strike, it gets plastered on DJI's page (and not before). Varmint has created a good example below:

varmint said:

That's pretty **** hysterical. Nice work. It could do with some explanation. But very creative and will be effective in piquing curiosity. Put the QR code and short URL on it.

All the sparrow content is here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=16598

Again, please no posting to FB until we agree on a strike date. This is a coordinated effort.

ianwood said:
OK, so it's put your money where your mouth is time. Create some content that squeaks and squeaks loudly.

My contribution to the cause this morning is conceptual, not graphical. I will pass the graphical baton to someone better at Photoshop than me.

Campaign Idea #1:
"DJI = DUI." [ <== This is where graphic creativity is needed. Possible images: a red NOT symbol over tilted cocktail glass with rotors? Or Phantom with cocktail glasses as rotors? Or cocktail glasses as legs? Or a CHP officer who has pulled a Phantom over for drunk driving. Or a cocktail glass with a DJI logo on it, and a rotor on top of the glass? Or a DUI checkpoint with police cars, red lights flashing, and a line of Phantoms waiting to get breathalized?]
"The Phantom is flying under the influence. Of faulty firmware."
"We challenge the average DJI Phantom customer to pass a field sobriety test, sober. Fly the line. 50 meters down and back."
"Most will fail, as demonstrated by this graphic log of an experienced Phantom customer pilot trying to fly a straight line." [Ian's graphic of J hook down and back]
"Don't fly drunk. Don't fly DJI. Don't buy DJI. DJI = DUI. It's that simple."

Campaign Idea #2: "Where's North???"
"Has anyone seen North???"
"My DJI Phantom and I are lost, and we can't find North!"
"We've been looking for North for months now, and we keep running into things in search of North."
"If anyone knows where North is, please let DJI know."
"We're tired of being lost in the woods. We're hungry and we just want to come home."
"Where is North DJI???"
[Possible graphics: crumpled map with DJI logo on it and a DJI compass with shattered glass. Two Cub Scouts lost in the woods, scratching their heads, with DJI logos on the back of their uniforms.]

In addition to the above, I have a clear-as-day video of a J Hook crash that seriously damaged my P2 and H3-3D.
Though my blood alcohol content that morning was 0.00%, my Phantom and I failed the field sobriety test.

ianwood said:
Again, please no posting to FB until we agree on a strike date. This is a coordinated effort.

Suggested strike date: noon PST this Thu July 3rd.

Kelly

Maybe a fly away Phantom with a set of Eagle wings attached to it? Bye Bye Birdie, Bye Bye $2k :eek:

ianwood said:
Andy T said:

OK, so it's put your money where your mouth is time
I'll probably do as I please as I have already resolved unrelated issues with DJI using Facebook when all other options failed. I am in favor of any method at any time to let DJI know there is a problem their product. Sorry you don't feel that way as well.. I appreciate all efforts no matter how insignificant they may seem.

Kelly, I like both of those ideas. If we get the fix soon, which I expect we will, we'll have to apply this type of creative campaigning to other issues like the battery. As for the strike date, the holiday may dilute the impact. We want to have a full roster from our side as well as maximum eyeballs on DJI's FB page. The 7th may get us better results.

Andy, not going to say I am surprised.

I'll try to conjure up something appropriate over the holiday weekend, and post it here in the forum for review before we hammer FB. I'm in the field currently and won't be back on the mainland until late Friday.

Hi all, I to am having the same problem here in Wellington New Zealand. It worked fine the first 3 or 4 times I did a compass calibration and before updating firmware. I have noticed now that when carrying out the compass calibration I am no longer getting a amber light after the vertical compass calibration before the firmware upgrade I did. See the attached video I found on youtube watch the amber light come on at 4:04sec before the flashing green. Mine now goes strait to flashing green no amber. Is this the problem?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2hfclQAjcM

ianwood said:
That's pretty **** hysterical. Nice work. It could do with some explanation. But very creative and will be effective in piquing curiosity. Put the QR code and short URL on it.

Updated original images with slightly more pertinent wording, plus QR codes. But I think you're right in that we want to get them more interested in what it's about, and hopefully following the links, rather than seeing it all spelled out, dismissing it, and moving on. Hopefully these contributions will help the cause.

You may want to ditch that quoted image since it doesn't have the QR.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT