Fixing DJI's Compass Problem

poostik said:
Hate to ask a question that's probably already been answered but is there any problem rolling back to previous firmware from 3.06?

I want the compass problem fixed but in some cases, I want the old tilt I get from 1.08. When I ran 3.x it was so slow, I couldn't keep up with a boat, going just over 20mph. :-/ I need the straight flying though, for some of the other stuff I'm shooting that isn't moving.

Even better . . . Is there anything I can do to not have the compass problem AND go faster? The new prop/motor upgrade maybe?

If you switch from GPS to ATTI mode it will go faster.

DesertFlyer53 said:
poostik said:
Hate to ask a question that's probably already been answered but is there any problem rolling back to previous firmware from 3.06?

I want the compass problem fixed but in some cases, I want the old tilt I get from 1.08. When I ran 3.x it was so slow, I couldn't keep up with a boat, going just over 20mph. :-/ I need the straight flying though, for some of the other stuff I'm shooting that isn't moving.

Even better . . . Is there anything I can do to not have the compass problem AND go faster? The new prop/motor upgrade maybe?

If you switch from GPS to ATTI mode it will go faster.

interesting...
Thanks for the tip.

i will add one more. bought my p-2 with hd 3d gimbal early september 2014 and thought with the firmware being upgraded to current levels i would have no issues..wrong!
mine has ended up in a tree and nearly hit a building when it should have been stable. it is better after flying awhile but in areas that i want to do photography i need it to be stable and not have it hook. i must also say that yesterday mine would not get the green lights when doing the nose down part of the calibration after my first flight in one location.later on i tapped on the compass and tried it again after trying 5 locations and it calibrated quickly nose down.then i went back to a spot that i normally calibrate but not easily and it worked the best i have seen it. a fluke?
i have the feeling the compass needs to be redesigned personally.
in any case i agree that the naza seems to learn after flying but it should not be a problem still at this point in production.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20