Fixing DJI's Compass Problem

xtonex said:
Yes DJI please rush out a fix that causes other problems in the process just so people can shut up... if your hoping dji "hurries" this along your pretty foolish... also if you have "violent tbe" its more than likely due to something else. i live in a high declination area and my tbe has never been "violent" or high speed... I'm pretty sure most of you have zero clue what it takes to code anything like this or go thru code and find problems in it! Keep your pants on

This is my copter after receiving it back from the dealer-- and his repair job.. I had a new compass put in, and a new gps unit.. I calibrated the compass, away from anything metal.. Even took my ring off.. The copter went through an imu advanced calibration.. My declination here is 17.3 degrees positive.. The only thing that would correct this TBE is rotating the compass 30 degrees.. I'm open to any and all ideas about what the "something else" could be.. :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJBcAhd ... e=youtu.be

xtonex said:
Yes DJI please rush out a fix that causes other problems in the process just so people can shut up... if your hoping dji "hurries" this along your pretty foolish... also if you have "violent tbe" its more than likely due to something else. i live in a high declination area and my tbe has never been "violent" or high speed... I'm pretty sure most of you have zero clue what it takes to code anything like this or go thru code and find problems in it! Keep your pants on

I know exactly what it takes. You keep your panties from bunching because it is what it is. Do you work for dji? If you do then listen to customers. It's all about communication which dji doesn't have. That's pretty pretentious of you to think that only you know what it takes and no one who is tired of this garbage knows what it takes.

We are customers. We are entitled to expect them to address the issue. It took them months to even acknowledge the issue.

It's taking them months to come up with a fix that's only a couple of line of code and on top of it they are putting it off this week for pressing issues ? They are making a killing on the sales so they should increase their budget on this department.

This issue goes back to last year and we are approaching mid year already!

d4ddyo said:
xtonex said:

I know exactly what it takes. You keep your panties from bunching because it is what it is. Do you work for dji? If you do then listen to customers. It's all about communication which dji doesn't have. That's pretty pretentious of you to think that only you know what it takes and no one who is tired of this garbage knows what it takes.

We are customers. We are entitled to expect them to address the issue. It took them months to even acknowledge the issue.

It's taking them months to come up with a fix that's only a couple of line of code and on top of it they are putting it off this week for pressing issues ? They are making a killing on the sales so they should increase their budget on this department.

It's called "false advertising" .. In their sales pitch you don't hear them mention TBE or left or right hooks.. Rather, they give the impression the copter is totally stable.. Instant response.. Stop on a dime.. Under total gps control..

d4ddyo said:
xtonex said:

No I do not work for DJI and DJI has been in contact with the beta testers. And you can go back in this thread and see when DJI got involved it wasnt last year and it wasnt until AFTER this thread was started. And the thread was only started 2 months ago.

I never said im the only one who knows what it takes to look thru code and find and fix a problem. I said most of the people whining about how long its taking DO NOT. If you know about coding then you know it CAN take a long time to find a issue and correct it and then test the corrections. Its obvious the naza cleans up the probem with time. Im sure its not so obvious as to why it takes so long and isnt done right off the bat. Where do you get that its only a couple lines of code to fix this problem? if you think its so easy your free to look thru the firmware and fix it yourself? Maybe apply for a job at DJI and help them...

Atleast show us your example of a few lines of code that would work or fix the problem... if not just shut up and wait for DJI to do what they need to do. All the bitching and moaning in this thread is not going to help anything.

This thread was to get a count of how many people were being effected by the issue and to get DJI's attention which is has. I think it might be time to lock it up AND BE PATIENT!

xtonex said:
d4ddyo said:
xtonex said:

No I do not work for DJI and DJI has been in contact with the beta testers. And you can go back in this thread and see when DJI got involved it wasnt last year and it wasnt until AFTER this thread was started. And the thread was only started 2 months ago.

I never said im the only one who knows what it takes to look thru code and find and fix a problem. I said most of the people whining about how long its taking DO NOT. If you know about coding then you know it CAN take a long time to find a issue and correct it and then test the corrections. Its obvious the naza cleans up the probem with time. Im sure its not so obvious as to why it takes so long and isnt done right off the bat. Where do you get that its only a couple lines of code to fix this problem? if you think its so easy your free to look thru the firmware and fix it yourself? Maybe apply for a job at DJI and help them...

Atleast show us your example of a few lines of code that would work or fix the problem... if not just shut up and wait for DJI to do what they need to do. All the bitching and moaning in this thread is not going to help anything.

This thread was to get a count of how many people were being effected by the issue and to get DJI's attention which is has. I think it might be time to lock it up AND BE PATIENT!
No. I don't have to be. You shut up. I have every right to voice my opinion. And yes. It is only a couple of lines of code that is the lookup for the delineation. They have been in touch with beta testers but not good about being in touch with the rest of us.... If they were we wouldn't be "bitching".

If they want to lock it up. Then so be it. Either way shove it because you have no right to take your tone. You don't have to like it or respond to anyone's post. Keep it to yourself. It's not like we are disturbing your obvious pathetic life. End of conversation. I'm one of many consumers that have spent money of which DJI is profiting... I can set my own expectations. You obviously don't know what customer service means.

Take your opinion and start a new thread! This one is for people reporting they fall into the issue and that is it. And why would you expect them to be in touch with "the rest of us" we arnt the ones doing the testing. Keep telling yourself the problem lies within the few lines of declination code, but ill wait for your example of a fix and we'll make sure we tell DJI you fixed it... ok?

Im the one with no life? all your doing is crying on a forum thinking that its gonna get dji to fix it faster. its not. and im sure theyre not even paying attention to this thread anymore since they already know the problem exists and theres a separate thread for the beta testers. NOBODY wants to hear you saying the same thing 3 times a day. youre mad we know. do yourself a favor and sell your phantom then go buy some other companies toy... You'll obviously sleep better then

Now I'll go fly my phantom in western NY with HIGH declination and i will avoid allowing the j hook and tbe to ruin my fun by flying it in ATTI or manual modes.

xtonex said:
Take your opinion and start a new thread! This one is for people reporting they fall into the issue and that is it. And why would you expect them to be in touch with "the rest of us" we arnt the ones doing the testing. Keep telling yourself the problem lies within the few lines of declination code, but ill wait for your example of a fix and we'll make sure we tell DJI you fixed it... ok?

Im the one with no life? all your doing is crying on a forum thinking that its gonna get dji to fix it faster. its not. and im sure theyre not even paying attention to this thread anymore since they already know the problem exists and theres a separate thread for the beta testers. NOBODY wants to hear you saying the same thing 3 times a day. youre mad we know. do yourself a favor and sell your phantom then go buy some other companies toy... You'll obviously sleep better then

Now I'll go fly my phantom in western NY with HIGH declination and i will avoid allowing the j hook and tbe to ruin my fun by flying it in ATTI or manual modes.

Ok buddy. Rage all you want... Mr. Forum police. Jeez. There always one jerk with an opinion. Seems this one is from NY.

I also think DJI is being ridiculously slow to solve this problem. I hope the competition catches up as soon as possible and they start to take better care of their customers. In 2, 3 years, there will be a new generation of Drones making what we have now obsolete. Guess what I am not buying anymore?

lucianopacheco said:
I also think DJI is being ridiculously slow to solve this problem. I hope the competition catches up as soon as possible and they start to take better care of their customers. In 2, 3 years, there will be a new generation of Drones making what we have now obsolete. Guess what I am not buying anymore?

Exactly. It's not going to happen in 2 to 3 years. You'll see by Xmas.

d4ddyo said:
lucianopacheco said:

Exactly. It's not going to happen in 2 to 3 years. You'll see by Xmas.

Since I just bought my phantom, my wife would kill me if I bought another drone on Xmas. Anyway, I hope it arrives soon. The sooner the better for all of us.

obiwan_pierogi said:
.. Even took my ring off.. The copter went through an imu advanced calibration.. My declination here is 17.3 degrees positive.. The only thing that would correct this TBE is rotating the compass 30 degrees.. I'm open to any and all ideas about what the "something else" could be.. :)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJBcAhd ... e=youtu.be

This is identical to the effects I mentioned in my previous post. Circles get bigger, faster and more violent pretty quickly unless you throw some inputs at it. Only does it for the first minute or 2 after launch and then the effects dull down pretty considerably.

OK. Let's agree to end the bickering. If anything, we need to work together on this otherwise we won't get anywhere.

As far as DJI is concerned, they are doing something about it. That's a very positive step. Let's not forget that. But, that doesn't mean we can let them take forever to do it. I think the time for us to apply more pressure is imminent.

But, before we go there. Let's all understand what it is that DJI has to do to make this happen. Anyone who has been involved in software development knows that there's a lot more to it than one might think. This is especially true when you are developing firmware for a flight controller. They started looking at this about a month ago.

Ultimately, we want the fix. But until that happens, we want reassurance that progress is being made and that there are people working on it.

Here's what I would like to do:

I am going to send another email to Terry and tell him we need a progress update with some details as to what they're doing and where it's going. We'll give him a week to respond. If he is able to reassure us, then we sit tight knowing it's coming and we'll just have to patient.

If he doesn't have an answer for us, we start making some noise through social media, together in a coordinated fashion. Not now! Then, if still not satisfied, a small group of us make videos demonstrating the issue and we then promote them all over the place.

ianwood said:
OK. Let's agree to end the bickering. If anything, we need to work together on this otherwise we won't get anywhere.

As far as DJI is concerned, they are doing something about it. That's a very positive step. Let's not forget that. But, that doesn't mean we can let them take forever to do it. I think the time for us to apply more pressure is imminent.

But, before we go there. Let's all understand what it is that DJI has to do to make this happen. Anyone who has been involved in software development knows that there's a lot more to it than one might think. This is especially true when you are developing firmware for a flight controller. They started looking at this about a month ago.

Ultimately, we want the fix. But until that happens, we want reassurance that progress is being made and that there are people working on it.

I am going to send another email to Terry and tell him we need a progress update with some details as to what they're doing and where it's going. We'll give him a week to respond. If he is able to reassure us, then we sit tight knowing it's coming and we'll just have to patient.

If he doesn't have an answer for us, we start making some noise through social media, together in a coordinated fashion. Not now! Then, if still not satisfied, a small group of us make videos demonstrating the issue and we then promote them all over the place.

Perfect for me!

That sounds like a good plan. As long as we know that DJI is making progress and what that progress is, next steps etc. I think we would all feel better. They say nature abhors a vacuum... well it's also true that the customer abhors an information vacuum.

That sounds like a good plan. As long as we know that DJI is making progress and what that progress is, next steps etc. I think we would all feel better. They say nature abhors a vacuum... well it's also true that the customer abhors an information vacuum.

ianwood said:

I agree. That is a very sound plan. I agree it was good they finally acknowledged the problem in the last couple months... but we have been trying to get their attention for a longggggg time.

Thank you for being the intermediary, but DJI should be addressing this directly themselves. They can update us in many ways... through the news letter in the software... etc... through registered users. They are not proactive which makes this a bad situation.

I would hope the reassurance is in the form of their progress, and action plan. If they are stuck somewhere... well it's ok ... as long as we know... communication is very important at this point. I know it's not a car... but how do you think auto manufacturers deal with recalls and manufacturer defects? They certainly don't handle it like DJI has been handling it. How do you think Apple Inc. handles all the bad press from exploding batteries to security issues in iOS... definitely not like DJI has handled their issues.

Maybe you can coax them to give us a little bit of what's going on to ease the mob... LOL

I live in Brazil and I have also had problems with the compass of my p2 fpv use boscam 200mv and tarot T2D is that the operation of such devices do not affect the behavior of the compass being close? but I have seen users from around the world complaining about this same problem with zenmuse and the fpv system DJI, grateful.

ianwood said:

I am in. Keep us posted please. I am sure that you have already thought of this, but it would be a good idea to have a main page regarding the problem that everyone links back to in posts / videos / social media. Do you already have one at inawood.com?

landonkk said:
ianwood said:

It's good to voice your concerns. I don't think it's too much to ask for answers and a simple progress resport.

I am in. Keep us posted please. I am sure that you have already thought of this, but it would be a good idea to have a main page regarding the problem that everyone links back to in posts / videos / social media. Do you already have one at inawood.com?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z