First try using Final Cut Pro. Video of Triple Creek RV Music Park

Reaction score
Well I learned a bunch doing this video. I was shot with a P4. Now I at least have a working knowledge of the program.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Very nicely done.

Some observations:

. You have guts to fly between the [emoji268]
. I notices jerky video around 3 min point.
. Does your camera suffers tilted horizon?
. Camera is very sharp all over.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't have tilted horizon issues so far. The jerky video is because I rotated the P4 way to fast and then slowed it down in Final Cut. That is one of the things I have learned from this shoot. Need to slow down panning. Thanks for the input.

I don't have tilted horizon issues so far. The jerky video is because I rotated the P4 way to fast and then slowed it down in Final Cut. That is one of the things I have learned from this shoot. Need to slow down panning. Thanks for the input.

Visit the yaw expo settings, and the pitch speed and pitch smoothing setting. You need to slow things way down with your moves, these settings can help. Videos like this should be less than 3min, most peoples attention span aren't very long for YouTube video. It might help your goals to list your address, city and phone number for the RV park at the end, still shot for 15sec. Also, I would put a 100mi radius map (maybe bigger) on the final clip, showing where you're located in relation to a major recognizable city, such as this:

upload_2016-12-12_0-11-13.png

Last edited:
Reactions: charlieb4
Thanks John! I appreciate good input. It is longer than I would have liked but the owner kept adding things to include, they want to post the video on their website. Thanks again, I will look at the settings you suggest.

Thanks John! I appreciate good input. It is longer than I would have liked but the owner kept adding things to include, they want to post the video on their website. Thanks again, I will look at the settings you suggest.

Generally speaking, if I'm doing a job for someone I don't let the customer see all the footage, only snipits if he's present, but never the whole shoot. I generally edit an appropriate video and provide that, based on my own experience and opinions on what will help the customer sell their product. A good preflight discussion on what the customer wants to see is essential to provide "what they ask for". I always ask the customer to NOT BE PRESENT when I fly so I can concentrate on the job at hand, however sometimes the customer insists to be present, which is OK.

Your reputation is at stake when the public sees your video work. Much of your work will result from "word of mouth" marketing. Many times a customer will not have an understanding of what looks good, what's appropriate, and what sells. If you let the customer dictate to you what looks good, you are not in control of your quality, and the public will see your work, not optimized. This can be self defeating.

In this case it's too late, you've already shown the customer. But in the future, prepare your customer what to expect. Tell him how long the target video will be, and for what price. based on their requested shots and flight plan. Explain why it's wise to limit the length. I don't show all of the video captured, as this really complicates your job and makes the work twice as hard. You should edit it to the best of your ability and show the end product video to the customer. If there's something he doesn't like, then edit it again, accordingly. If you don't have the shot because the customer didn't tell you he wanted the shot originally, then charge extra and reshoot.

Showing all the video to your customer opens up a can of worms, IMO. It usually wastes your time and the customer's time, while potentially putting you at a loss for quality and harming your reputation.

By the way, this work you provided the RV resort owner technically requires a 107 certification by you or a 107 certified PIC that watched you fly, to legally use that video for commercial purposes, regardless if you charged the RV resort or not. I'm not sure how the FAA is going to enforce that, you might be OK "this time", but someday this may be a problem for non certified drone pilots. If this is seen on the Internet by an FAA official, it's going to be obvious it's not professionally done, implying you don't have a 107 cert. In this case the RV resort may get a call from the FAA about this. There are fines associated with breaking these FAA airspace guidelines.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.