First month with p3p? DISAPPOINTING!

Agree on all counts, I have had mechanical/electrical issues with micro USB and lightening cables. My comments here were with respect to how certain variants of Android seem to manage the allocation of USB resources.

You use the same charger cable - no need for a special one.
If you're having probs disable USB debugging.
I disabled it on one of mine just to see if there was any difference but there wasn't.
Same steady , reliable connection either way

I use android devices with Zero issues including the S8+

Reactions: Phill2
I use many different tablets chinese low cost and more expensive Samsung and Huawei, all versions of Android between 4.4.2 and 6.0, also and iPad mini 4.
No need to spend much, 80 ... 100 €/$ for a chinese tablet with Android 5.1 does very well his task if does not need to have a greater visibility under direct sunlight.
AliExpress or Banggood: Onda and Teclast, 8" ... 10", high resolution screens.
Then you are a happy user. I have spent too much money on cheap Chinese tablets. Until I used my wife's iPhone for a while. And then I found out that it could also be done smoothly and quickly. Now I use a iPad.

I do not need to load maps in advance; am flexible and can therefore fly at all locations. No more unclear faults and I can switch from DJI Go to Litchi without any problems. And that isn't possible with an Android tablet.

Reactions: leroy4u
Then you are a happy user. I have spent too much money on cheap Chinese tablets. Until I used my wife's iPhone for a while. And then I found out that it could also be done smoothly and quickly. Now I use a iPad.

I do not need to load maps in advance; am flexible and can therefore fly at all locations. No more unclear faults and I can switch from DJI Go to Litchi without any problems. And that isn't possible with an Android tablet.
That’s my point- when android devices work they work well (I am a long term android fan) and most issues can be resolved when glitches occur. I just got frustrated with it. I don’t want to miss the light or use my flying time trying to get an app running reliably.

That’s my point- when android devices work they work well (I am a long term android fan) and most issues can be resolved when glitches occur. I just got frustrated with it. I don’t want to miss the light or use my flying time trying to get an app running reliably.

I now have an iPad mini 3 and the brick doesn’t work since updating.

I can do all of the above with Android
I don't know what the big deal is.
As far as maps go just set the app to cache maps while flying.
Android vs Apple = Ford vs Chev and will never be resolved

I can do all of the above with Android
I don't know what the big deal is.
As far as maps go just set the app to cache maps while flying.
Android vs Apple = Ford vs Chev and will never be resolved
NOW that is TRUTH

I have no problems with maps on my Tab3S or the S8+, I do also run litchi as well as DJI go on the Tab S3 haven't tried litchi on the S8+ though

dumb question.
why do you say that you can not do with android as you do the istuff.
I can do everything you say with my Nvidia Shield K1.

also have had it and my P3P for over 2 years and have read folks having issues with ALL brands
Ipad, Iphones, Samsung(the worst), and most OS versions. ALL have had and do have issues at times.
Poor connections at USB ports caused by crappy cables(NOT ALL are the same) and connectors often are the blame.
Mismatched FW etc also.
On the P3 use FW1.6 on the controller to solve many video stream problems..

Reactions: epicdoom
dumb question.

also have had it and my P3P for over 2 years and have read folks having issues with ALL brands
Ipad, Iphones, Samsung(the worst), and most OS versions. ALL have had and do have issues at times.
Poor connections at USB ports caused by crappy cables(NOT ALL are the same) and connectors often are the blame.
Mismatched FW etc also.
Exactly! I hear a lot of Samsung this Samsung that as not being good, but everything I use is Samsung as far as displays for my drones and they just work perfectly for me. I've not updated my firmware because My mindset says if it's not broke don't fix it. I'm flying the P34K on firmware 1.5.40 with zero issues. electronic devices can be fickle there are parameters that components operate in I think this variance is why one person can use an S8+ with zero issues and the next cant. I've built RC receivers and transmitters and no two operate perfectly the same and that's with building them carefully one at a time so it stands to reason if its mass produced there are going to be much variance from item to item. JMO on why some are able to use certain devices and others cant.

Reactions: kirk2579
Hi all. I managed to go and get a replacement tablet today. Apple iPad mini 3 dual core WIFI and 4G. Exactly same issue.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Take the Mini3 back and buy a Mini 4. a 3 is nothing but a Mini2 with TouchID and they're waaaay long in the tooth from a performance standpoint.

I use Android all the time - no probs whatsoever
Same here! No problems with Android. I am using a Samsung Tab 4. (I think). I do turn on Airplane Mode though. I also have a Tab A. I was using that until my company gave me the newer Tab. Also, I don't do any of the update. My philosophy is, "If it ain't broke...don't fix it." I work in the Networking industry, and do a lot of firmware updates on my work equipment. But I don't do any if it isn't necessary. Sometime it does cause problems.

Last edited:
Same here! No problems with Android. I am using a Samsung Tab 4. (I think). I do turn on Airplane Mode though. I also have a Tab A. I was using that until my company gave me the newer Tab. Also, I don't do any of the update. My philosophy is, "If it ain't broke...don't fix it." I work in the Networking industry, and do a lot of firmware updates on my work equipment. But I don't do any if it isn't necessary. Sometime it does cause problems.
see this is a classic example of what I was saying in my last post I also have a Tab 4 that was Brand new had never even been turned on until I bought my drone. I tried the Tab 4 and it would show my camera view until I lifted off and then poof the screen would lock up on the last thing it saw which was my drone sitting on the ground looking at my feet. It was completely unusable for me so I bought the Tab S3 and its been perfect.

see this is a classic example of what I was saying in my last post I also have a Tab 4 that was Brand new had never even been turned on until I bought my drone. I tried the Tab 4 and it would show my camera view until I lifted off and then poof the screen would lock up on the last thing it saw which was my drone sitting on the ground looking at my feet. It was completely unusable for me so I bought the Tab S3 and its been perfect.
I don't mean to insinuate that you were not having a problem. If I had to guess as to what the problem was, I'd would be thinking along the lines of a video overload. That is, too many app running in the background. They may not be apps you loaded, but could have been loaded by the manufacturer. One thing I did on mine was to delete as many running programs as I could, and I put the Tab in "Airplane Mode". Before I did that, there was an occasional freeze up. Try Airplane Mode and see what happens.

you got the wrong impression Brother, I was only pointing out how some displays will work for some folks and not for others. Its the nature of electronic devices for this type of stuff. no harm no foul Brother I really wish my Tab 4 had worked for me its all good I gave it to my Grandson and he loves it. its a great tablet Happy Flying

dumb question.

Mismatched FW etc also.

Dear friend, read the topic that I respond to.
ClaudioNC said:
I use many different tablets, Chinese and Android. Samsung and Huawei, all versions of Android between 4.4.2 and 6.0,
also and iPad mini 4.
No need to spend much, 80 ... 100 € / $ for a chinese tablet with Android 5.1 does not work well.
AliExpress or Banggood: Onda and Teclast, 8 "... 10", high resolution screens.

Can you compare your 'Nvidia Shield K1' with a low budget Chinese tablet like Teclast?

I waited a year before i could afford a drone. I didnt want to race it or perform stunts with it. I was never impressed by the " max altitude test" videos all over youtube, and was more interested in the photography aspect of flying a drone.

I searched around for ages and settled on one from a guy 3 hours drive from me. He uses drones for a living and the p3p wasnt being used. Had a great demo and a fly and we shook hands. Updates were required and in doing so, im clearly unwilling to throw a wad of cash jnto the air knowing i hadnt taken every recommended update and precaution that it will in fact return. Therein began on a madly frustrating journey, the onky benefit of which i can see is that i know know my drone very intimately.

Using a galaxy s2 8" i began getting the "gimbal disconnect" message and this coincided with my first flight and therefore my period of familiarisation with the drone, which was limited to beginner mode, on the very few days of decent weather. Having 3 gig of ram i was confifent the tab could cope, and the shaky choppy video was i naively thought had been caused by the gimbal disconnect issue. I was wrong and resorted to a screen recorder and get some flying time.

It was unclear from the forums whether or not the gimbal message was a firmware issue, an app issue, an imu issue, potentially gimbal ribbon damage, a million whispers and suggested fixes, absolutely non worked, so i ordered a gimbal ribbon, and was confident i coild undertake the repair myself. On the day it arrived (3rd Nov) DJI admit theres an issue and a fix has been done with 3.1.22 app. Indeed it was. The gimbal message disappeared, but the choppy video issue remained. The screen recordings played fine, but the 4k quality is a big selling poimt for the p3p, amd was a draw for me when considering where to spend my money. It would transpire that you need a computer the size of a fridge to actually work in this format, but hey ho, in addition to the new 500m height limit, this was another minor disappointment, as a new drone owner.

Ive discovered that the recorded files saved to my tablet are unusable, and i need to download any recodings via wifi, burning batteries, go through the app to edit them and ive had some fun doing this, but i have had to teach myself everything, through hit and miss hints and tips, trawling through pages of really useful stuff in the main.

Just getting confident, get one days flying in, and then find my rc wont link with my tablet anymore. Just gutted. Paid a fortune for suitable tab with a big screen and it suddenly wont do the only job i ask it to do.

Completely lost faith in DJI products?? I will tell you tomorrow when i get the tab changed.

I understand that everyone is happy with their own configuration. And that's fine!
But we can go back to the original subject. Does anyone have a solution?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.