First fly away with Happyish ending

DANGEROUS bug -With drone off, not connected I opened my Android Go 3.1.2 app and on HERE maps blue dot is 1+ km west of my actual position, try this yourself

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

DANGEROUS bug -With drone off, not connected I opened my Android Go 3.1.2 app and on HERE maps blue dot is 1+ km west of my actual position, try this yourself

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
Omg your right. The arrow is where I am now, look at the blue dot. This may also explain why litchi flew my mission then after it completed it randomly flew away. Luckily I was able to get it
1485388134266.png

Neon Euc

I would only use iOS with go app as I always had problems with my android devices.
Also I noticed at the very beginning it gave you a warning that battery was cold & needed to be warmed up. I would always return home if I get cold battery warning. I use litchi on my android device & it works great. Waypoint is only thing I use on litchi as go app is easier for me to navigate.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Litchi is good, it has some additional features over Go, although doesn't feel as slick. I'd say yes, worth the money - having said that I use Go for the majority of my flights and litchi when I want to use its additional functions

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: The Ghost
Personally I'm going back to 3.0.0 as that was my longest flight with no problems and I think I had no lag on Facebook live streaming. Plus it had google maps to
1485429074259.png

Neon Euc

From what I have been reading .. people seem to be narrowing the problem down to the change from Google Maps to Here Maps .. which is an old Nokia programme now owned by Microsoft .. if you wind back you get Google Maps back which appear to be ok so I have read.
Must be an Android thing .. or does Apple use different mapping ..
Another suggestion I read was switching mobile GPS off and setting RTH via the drone.
Let's hope DJI sort this .. they apparently know about this and everyone is saying email them when it happens so they sort it out.
Happy piloting peeps

Did you receive a "The home point has been updated, please check it on the map" and you checked it to ensure the home point was AT your take off location?

I'm betting, as this is the most frequent cause of it flying off RTH, that it went to the last recorded home point.
Yup I always calibrate the compus and check the reset homepoint everytime i change location.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94