First Flight but some questions

Reaction score
I just had my first flight today with the Phantom 3 Advanced, and let me tell ya it was amazing. I took off by myself and landed all by myself and flew in a VERY VERY small area lol mostly because I was scared, I didn't want to hurt my brand new bird. My questions are my iPhone 6 plus was very choppy and I had a hard time viewing anything on the screen (but the video on the card was great) is that because my cell service is bad around my house or is there something I can do to make that better. Another thing is braking I noticed that it floated a little bit after I let off do yall think it would be ok to turn the braking all the way up so it would stop a little quicker. And last but not least it there anything I can do to slow my turning down my whole intention for this bird was to make videos and with it turning so quick it is hard to get a good steady shot. Thanks for all halls help first and foremost, and if anybody would like you can check out and subscribe to my YouTube channel: FLYBY CAPTURES and see all of my flights and monitor my performance lol. Thanks in advance and please subscribe.

Make sure your channel is set to auto. Was it hot out when you were flying? If so your iPhone 6 Plus is overheating.

After you've loaded the maps in the app put your phone into airplane mode. You can turn the braking up but 100 (default) is plenty. Of course it will float a little when you let off on the sticks. It won't stop instantly.

Yes you can turn the gain and expo controls down so it turns slower.

Lots of questions --- and you will have more!:)

Several issues can cause bad video reception on the device-- the first of which is antenna alignment. Make sure the antenna's are aligned per the manual-- perpendicular to the ground.
The IOS system heats up significantly processing the data-- so turn off wi-fi- Bluetooth etc. just put it on airplane mode when you are ready to take off. Metal and magnetic inference can also cause video reception issues.

The braking can be adjusted in the Pilot App-- you can experiment with that until you get it like you want it. Probably between 50 and 70 percent.

If you mean rotating the vertical axis or yaw-- set the expo on the yaw in the app and you can make the stick less sensitive and learn to rotate very slow.

Cheers and congratulations on your first flight!:):):)

Thank yall very much I did notice that my iPhone was extremely hot when I disconnected it and I had no idea I needed to cache the maps and then put it on plan mode I figured it would have been better with LTG signal but what yall are saying make perfect sense I think my antennas were adjusted pretty good I read the manual like 3 times and watched the videos I don't know how many. I will play with the gain and expo a bit but I didn't want to mess anything up especially since I saw a phantom hit the water tower where I work today, I felt really bad for him and I sure hope that doesn't happen to me. I will give all these things a try and see how things go and Iam sure I will be back. Thank yall very much

FLYBY CAPTURES, these tips might help with the choppiness on your iPhone:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik