First crash/tip-over...

Reaction score
My first time using Litchi today and my first crash.

Having done a slow hover and land, I attempt to take off again with the bird (P3A) doing a sideways dance on the ground (brick), before ending camera up on the floor.

I have inspected the bird for damage, with none apparent. As a precaution I have replaced the props with some new ones, but I'm just wondering what could have caused it.

My confidence with Litchi has become shot before using it properly :(

I'm lost, which part of your post puts the blame on litchis front door, litchi just interprets data for FPV and can't be blamed for your poor pilot skills.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm not blaming Litchi, I'm just explaining that I have lost my confidence due to this incident prior to using the app fully.

I could have worded it better, but I'm trying to establish what the cause could be.

Not enough prop speed. Always use full throttle up to the 1st 10-15ft when launching.

Last edited:
It is caused by the pocket of turbulent air that forms underneath the bird whilst flying low to the ground approximately 30-50cm off the deck. Don't know the exact terminology.

Have seen videos of birds plain dropping out of the air due to this.

You should have seen that the bird does not want to stay close to the ground off it's own. It will try to hover higher by default.

If this happened you must have kept the bird low even though it struggled to ascend?

Apologies for no introduction, will find the appropriate into area and do so ASAP

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Was is an auto take off or manual? I always take off manually and don`t putter around, I get off the ground quick and raise at least 10 feet.

What you described happens when landing too fast. The barometer needs time to adjust per the pressure reading. Otherwise the last 2 feet can be difficult when landing.
I read that he had a problem tipping over while taking off, in which case it is the opposite - taking off too slowly.

Reactions: Oso
I read that he had a problem tipping over while taking off, in which case it is the opposite - taking off too slowly.

Yeah you were right. Thanks for the heads up!

It is caused by the pocket of turbulent air that forms underneath the bird whilst flying low to the ground approximately 30-50cm off the deck. Don't know the exact terminology.

Have seen videos of birds plain dropping out of the air due to this.

You should have seen that the bird does not want to stay close to the ground off it's own. It will try to hover higher by default.

If this happened you must have kept the bird low even though it struggled to ascend?

Apologies for no introduction, will find the appropriate into area and do so ASAP

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Ground effect is what you are referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Think I need to try Litchi again, just a shame on my first go this happened. We will see what happens :)

My first time using Litchi today and my first crash.

Having done a slow hover and land, I attempt to take off again with the bird (P3A) doing a sideways dance on the ground (brick), before ending camera up on the floor.

I have inspected the bird for damage, with none apparent. As a precaution I have replaced the props with some new ones, but I'm just wondering what could have caused it.

My confidence with Litchi has become shot before using it properly :(

Just fight the tree and get it over with.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20