Firmware version without linking with DJI Professional 3

Reaction score
Is it possible to aquire firmware version on my Pro3 drone and controller without linking?

It does not fly. I would to link Bird and Controller to maybe get bird to fly I just want to locate version of FW so I can link the two together.

I would love to know what "Debug" file is, and when to use it. Is it possible to "Format card where firmware is installed (on bird)? Phil2, I appreciate your reply. This package has not been used years, just trying to recover it.

Reactions: Phill2
Is it possible to aquire firmware version on my Pro3 drone and controller without linking?
You should be able to get the RC FW version simply by looking in the app once you have a mobile device connected. Make a note of it.

You should be able to get the AC FW version by looking at your LOG_AB file. If you don't know where to find that file, click here.
Read the whole post before doing anything because the file may be hidden by your operating system.

If you don't know how to interpret the file, you can attach the entire file here in a reply and someone will look at it.
Note that it's best to attach the file itself rather than copying and pasting the entire text since there is often quite a bit of text.

Cheers!

This package has not been used years, just trying to recover it.
Keep in mind that any P3P which has not been used in years has a good chance of still flying but also a good chance of no longer transmitting a video image to the RC for you to view on your mobile device.
Another common issue which presents after an idle period is that the mobile device won't connect to the RC for assorted reasons one of which being a bad USB post on the RC.
Just keep these in mind to help manage expectations.

It does not fly. I would to link Bird and Controller to maybe get bird to fly I just want to locate version of FW so I can link the two together.
FYI that you dont need to know the FW versions to link, but it is true that linking may be difficult or not possible if you have some sort of FW mismatch between AC and RC.
(Note that the AC and RC FW versions do not have to match version numbers, only encryption level)

Cheers!

I am sorry for the LARGE file my apologies. I want to thank all who have helped with answers. Much appreciated.

Attachments

• P3X_FW_LOG_AB.txt
    127.9 KB · Views: 89
I would love to know what "Debug" file is, and when to use it. Is it possible to "Format card where firmware is installed (on bird)? Phil2, I appreciate your reply. This package has not been used years, just trying to recover it.
Hey weanuts before doing or changing anything try this set your drone in an open area grab a chair leave the blades off put a fresh battery in if it's hot out wait till it gets cooler. Hook up phone to controller with cord.
Turn on controller and hopefully the phone notices the Dji app starting up
Turn on the drone.
See if the app picks the drone that u have and continues to start up. And it didn't.
Ok do it all over again. Turn every thing off and start it up again and again and again it took mine like 8 to 12 times turning it off and on.
Mine sat in my case for like two years without it being started. It's worth a try before you start changing ****.

Appreciate your suggestion, but, this AC has been updated so many times now, that I do not believe any fix such as yours, or any like it will bring AC back from???. Because:

"Packet upgrade failed at version checking", in log file says something is corrupted, and

"========== 2014.01.01 00:00:14 remo-con disconnect======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.03.0020.bin
Result: Failed.
Reboot the aircraft and try to upgrade the firmware again."

in, "P3X_FW_RESULT_AB" file something is not right.

I much appreciate yours, and other any thoughts on bring this bird back to life.

Thank you ALL very much

If you post the flight data from your last flight, the firmware version will be hidden inside with a hundred other things.

Thank you. Much appreciated.

I would love to post the last flight data record. Where do I find this info?

Update:

I can now link AC to RC. Firmware in AC is 1.7.60+
My new question is does it matter if the "+" is present, and if it is a concern, how do I remove the "+" ?

Appreciated, thanks

Reactions: Cecil and Phill2
Hey weanuts before doing or changing anything try this set your drone in an open area grab a chair leave the blades off put a fresh battery in if it's hot out wait till it gets cooler. Hook up phone to controller with cord.
Turn on controller and hopefully the phone notices the Dji app starting up
Turn on the drone.
See if the app picks the drone that u have and continues to start up. And it didn't.
Ok do it all over again. Turn every thing off and start it up again and again and again it took mine like 8 to 12 times turning it off and on.
Mine sat in my case for like two years without it being started. It's worth a try before you start changing ****.
I'm about to start my P3S and P4 up after hibernating for 3 years. Should be fine (blades off ;-) )

Update:

I can now link AC to RC. Firmware in AC is 1.7.60+
My new question is does it matter if the "+" is present, and if it is a concern, how do I remove the "+" ?

Appreciated, thanks
The plus means that the batteries or something is not updated to the current version. Won’t hurt anything.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31