Firmware Version Question - HELP!!!!

Reaction score
Hey all,

Im fairly new to the Phantom 3, but have gotten some great flights in already.

When I first received my Phantom I upgraded the firmware and everything worked fine. I'm having some range issues so I went back to check the firmware versions on both the craft and the transmitter. My aircraft shows version 1.9.60 and my transmitter shows version 1.6.0. Should these firmware versions match? My controller is not showing an update is needed.

Thanks in advance!

Those are the latest for each. While I think for some of the older firmwares, they did match, they don't necessarily match and don't need to.

Those are the latest for each. While I think for some of the older firmwares, they did match, they don't necessarily match and don't need to.
OK, great. Thanks for the fast response! I guess I need to troubleshoot something else then. Doing an IMU calibration now. I just don't get any range out of this thing at all. Flew last night in a rural area with clear line of sight and i'm loosing signal wayyyy to quickly. Ideas?

I'm having the same problems with my P3P. Went out this morning and got as far as 293ft high and 170ft away before signal lost and auto RTH began. Cancelled when I regained signal and went back out in another direction with similar distance and loss of signal issue. Very disappointed in this. I've only had it a few days. Wondering if an antenna mod or windsurfer would help. Maybe a downgrade on FW? Help definitely appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Make sure the antennas are 90 degrees vertical and always have the flat side facing the aircraft.

Next....the higher altitude. the farther the distance it will travel. Go try these suggestions and come back and share the details.

So just got back from another test flight. Using the suggestions reference the antenna and height. Was able to get approx 180' high and 400' away before losing signal and RTH kicked in. Gotta say I'm not real happy about this. Also I was in an open field with only a few homes in the area.

So just got back from another test flight. Using the suggestions reference the antenna and height. Was able to get approx 180' high and 400' away before losing signal and RTH kicked in. Gotta say I'm not real happy about this. Also I was in an open field with only a few homes in the area.

Well I'm not sure what to think at this point. Are you sure Beginners Mode is not enabled?

You can try to downgrade the firmware to 1.8.80 to see if there is any change, but at this point, you can probably open up a case with DJI it send it in for repair. I don't get the distance others get here (but I'm not in a super rural area), but get much better than that.

I was thinking about the downgrade. Hate to have to send it in already. I've only had it 3 days and 5 flights. But may have to. Thanks for the help.

Somethings definitely not right. I'm flying the same firmware in my 3A and this morning I flew at a local soccer complex. Up 30 m and out almost 700 m and still had 100% signal strength. My only problem is that 700 m I and still technically VLOS, but that bird is REALLY small at that range!

Thanks. I'm working on getting the flight log now. Something is most definitely not right.

Also, if it is only 5 days old, your best bet may be to exchange it at the place of purchase for a different one if possible.

Returning it for exchange is at the forefront of my mind believe me

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic