Firmware version on drone when received

Reaction score
I received a P4P Pro drone a week ago and it had aircraft firmware version 01.02.304 that was first released on 12-09-2016. I would have expected it to have V 01.03.0418 or 1.03.0509 as these were released after March 1.

If I am going to stay at a firmware level I would prefer it to be 1.03.0509. Better than being in limbo between 1.02.304 and 1.04.0602 with the issues concerning the latest release.

What drone version level have you found on your drone if purchased in the last couple of months?

I bought mine from B&H two weeks ago and what I received was a drone with V01.02.304 that was first released 12-09-2016. I sent the drone back to B&H and ordered a new one that I hope will have the 509 version as it addresses most problems and can be modified for the NFZ problems created with version 4.0602.

As it takes 5 minutes to update to version 4.0602 if one decides to do so it would make no sense to return the drone. Rarely do I receive any electronic device with the current rev level of the firmware. With the 602 version released the second week of June it would not have been on aircraft produced in June and shipped to resellers.

Sounds like you bought it at best buy, they always have old inventory. Can you return it?
It would be a fine situation if people started shopping for specific firmware versions and returning products based on that reason, as if retailers didn't already have enough to deal with in trying to support drones. I'm not trying to blame anyone because I completely understand the motivation, but man... what a mess DJI has created by removing the ability to downgrade to a known-stable version. Almost any other manufacturer allows this, for obvious reasons.

Reactions: John Locke

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl