Firmware version for P3 Standard

Reaction score
Finally got the info I was looking for. So far, my information is - App = 3.1.1 Aircraft ver.=1.7.9. Is this the best firmware version. I find it to be buggy and not very reliable. I purchased this P3 near the end of November. This is the initial software update. If there is a more reliable version of software, let me know.

I'm not sure which bugs you're trying to overcome, but 1.7.9 is the current firmware version.

I'm not sure which bugs you're trying to overcome, but 1.7.9 is the current firmware version.
Mainly the electrical interference warning. I get this no matter where I fly. Also the RTH doesn't seem to reliable.

Glad to here I have the current version of the firmware. Is this the best one to have?

Are you saying your Phantom lands 50+ feet away from the home point?

The P3S only uses basic GPS and is not as accurate as the other models with GPS & GLONASS . Its accuracy will be effected by number of visible satellites. 50 feet or 15 meters is not too bad . Check how many satellites it can see if your down around 7 or 8 that will definitely reduce the accuracy.

Oh and RE the FW version 1.7.9 and Go App 3.1.1 work great on my P3S no bugs or hiccups just works. There is only one BIG issue and thats the bloody horrible "Here" maps DJI have forced us to use instead of "Google" maps. Obviously Google must have been charging them to much [emoji47]

Sent from my GT-N5110 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: k9time
The P3S only uses basic GPS and is not as accurate as the other models with GPS & GLONASS . Its accuracy will be effected by number of visible satellites. 50 feet or 15 meters is not too bad . Check how many satellites it can see if your down around 7 or 8 that will definitely reduce the accuracy.

Oh and RE the FW version 1.7.9 and Go App 3.1.1 work great on my P3S no bugs or hiccups just works. There is only one BIG issue and thats the bloody horrible "Here" maps DJI have forced us to use instead of "Google" maps. Obviously Google must have been charging them to much [emoji47]

Sent from my GT-N5110 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Thanks for the info. Nice to know and kinda comforting. What are the steps to use Google maps on the Standard?

I also have the DJI GO v 3.1.1, and firmware 1.7.9 in the AC and RC. Everything is working fine. I agree that the use of Here maps is an inconvenience. I have written DJI to express my dissatisfaction with Here maps. From what I have read, the way to get Google maps back is to uninstall DJI Go v3.1.1, and install a previous version of the DJI Go app.

I don't understand, I did the up grade and I can switch to Google maps , if I want. Maybe the upgrade didn't take
It said I had to do the upgrade on the app. Which I did frist. At least I think I can switch to Google it has a map same as my GPS in my truck that I can choose. When I first turn it on it will say updated home, please check. When I hit that little screen in the bottom left corner it switches. Mine is a p3 standard also.

Sent from my SM-N920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

For the DJI Go App I downloaded an older android version (V2.9.n) which works just fine and had the Google maps. That said.... These days I almost use Litchi app exclusively when I fly and the DJI-Go app to set drone attributes I cant set (at least as far as I know) from within Litchi

I got my P3S, Updated it, and Now I have RC Signal Lost .. Everything works fine. Ive tried linking both ways using the RC and using the DJ go App. Ive Tried reseting the WiFi. Ive even tried downgrading and it wont let me downgrade. And I have Aircraft Version unknown, Which im being told by DJI that their servers are not configured correctly and hope to have that resolved soon.

So I request an exchange with Amazon where I bought it, they are out of stock showing 1 to 2 months out. so if anyone has any ideas im all ears. DJI wanted me to send the drone to them in China.. :\ I not mailing the thing to china thats just silly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31