Firmware Version 01.09.0060

Interesting that they include a battery bug fix which I have never, ever, ever had before, nor have I ever heard of one person mention having the problem, ever. I'm not a conspiracy nut but I know dji has to do something to get people on board with geo. The only way to me seems to be a 'fix' for a bug you'd want to fix, whether it was discovered or 'placed'. I'm not really against geo but I'm waiting out the implementation reports from the brave owners that plunge right in. I just want to make sure it's not going to create a nightmare in practical use. Since it's warm for the next three months here, I don't think I have to worry about a cold battery 'restarting'. If any bug smells of being conjured up, this new battery one reeks of it. My opinion only.

I'm also curious about the Intelligent Flight Battery bug fix in this update which they claim is to prevent automatic restarting in cold environments.
Isn't this the same bug found in firmware version 1.5 and then later fixed in v1.6?

Reactions: Jack1926
Winter time battery fixes, in the summer does seem strange. Ah, unless perhaps they are considering opening a @dji centre in the South Pole. Or near Inuvik NWT Canada.
That would be far-closer than China for many of us. Hahaha.

RedHotPoker

Is GEO not just in relation to airports etc like it shows you on the map on their website? Ive no issue not flying near the one location near me (an airport)

Reactions: Jouster
...and as usually i wont update, living sort of happily with 1.4fw and 1.5RC.....

Eating popcorns and watch the end of something....

Is GEO not just in relation to airports etc like it shows you on the map on their website? Ive no issue not flying near the one location near me (an airport)
It could also include popular sports venues where concerts and other events are held. Government properties, military installations, prisons, perhaps too hospitals particularly those with Air Ambulance facilities.

RedHotPoker

You are best to get geo information and answers at dji.com. Click on geo at the bottom of the page.

I'm also curious about the Intelligent Flight Battery bug fix in this update which they claim is to prevent automatic restarting in cold environments.
Isn't this the same bug found in firmware version 1.5 and then later fixed in v1.6?
No, it isn't. That one was for fixing a battery that could shut off entirely if stressed during flight in cold temperatures, or maybe any temperature. It actually put a limiter of sorts on the bird to help prevent the reaction to battery stress situations during flight. This new battery restarting bug when cold is something I have never heard about, ever. Do they mean in cold temperatures or does it refer to a cold battery at start up, or does it mean it can happen at any ambient outdoor temperature and just means at startup the battery is considered cold, regardless? Who knows, but it's odd for sure. The only, only thing I can even say I've kinda experienced that may have something to do with this is a few times along the way my phantom didn't start up and I would have sworn I pushed the double tap long for it to start. I actually got up and backed up only to be surprised the phantom wasn't on. I found that weird and do remember that happening, but I don't know if this is what the bug fix is referencing. I just make sure I do the double tap perfectly every time.

Like they even get winter? Maybe South Polar cap...

RedHotPoker

I'm a little skeptical about Antarctica actually being polar, on a'count'a I ain't heard about them having any polar bears ...
Eh, Either way, just do what your Mother told you.
"Don't eat the Yellow Snow.
You know, where the Huskies Go!!" ;-)

RedHotPoker

Went ahead and updated tonight. I'm getting "1.8+" in the Go app. I'm hoping to get out and fly tomorrow if I'm not working too late, and I'll report back if I do.

Just updated my 3 batteries to the latest firmware today. 2 of them have been sitting for nearly 10 days and I'm expecting the auto-discharge to commence any day now.

My question is, what resets the discharge timeframe? I updated the 2 batteries today with the firmware by just powering on the UAV, updating and turning off. Will this reset the 10 day timeframe just from powering on the bird for a few minutes? Or does it require the Tx and app to be connected for the timeframe to reset?

If you do a single button press to check general voltage, it resets the auto discharge back to the discharge period you set in the app. I set mine for ten days, but try to fly several times between those settings so mine are constantly being used, drained recharged and so on.

RedHotPoker

Reactions: Jouster
Thanks Oso, The link you posted put my mind at ease thank you for that have a safe flight..

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app
You're welcome sir.
You're welcome sir.
You're welcome sir.

Still sitting at the gate at SFO. I've been waiting here 2 hours to get on a 14 hour flight. A long day. Cheers sir!

Anyone flown with this yet?
I just flew my P3A, in spite of it still showing 1.8.80+ in the app. Got my first warning about battery temperature - we are experiencing our first really cold snap of the winter.
No problems with signal loss or loss of video and no GUI or camera issues.
I'll take the P3P up soon.

Reactions: mikesmiley
I updated my P3P yesterday along with both batteries. Plan to take it up later. I'll report back after flying on the new FW.

Edit: as a point of reference, the initial install on the P3P took 8 minutes for me, coming from 1.8. The second install (second battery) took less, maybe 4 minutes just to update the battery.

Mike

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj