Firmware upgrade

Reaction score
Who can upgrade my Phantom 3 standards firmware? It's not easy! I don't care what they say! I've tried it and it isn't easy!!!???

Follow these instructions:

Is the latest firmware safe? I have not updated mine and would like to. My friend's wedding is in a couple weeks and the day after would like me to take a couple pictures of him and the wife. I want to make sure I don't have a dead bird before that.

Dude I feel ya! This Business with DJI is over the top! All I want to do is use the product! Not take advanced computer operating lessons. Plugging this in plugging that in downloading this downloading that switching from home internet to other internet connections etc etc etc. Then if you don't do things just right! You have a like you said a dead bird?

All you have to do is turn on the controller and connect to it with your phones wifi, once you connect to wifi turn on aircraft, at the top right in the dji go app it will say update firmware if your firmware needs updated. Then with the dji go app still running, reconnect to home or cell phone wifi and download the firmware, reboot the craft and your GOOD!

lots of problems with people loosing range and damaging their drones with the new FW update!!!! Mine goes up about 130ft and then flashes signal loss warning and goes into RTH mode. never did this before I upgraded the FW last week.

lots of problems with people loosing range and damaging their drones with the new FW update!!!! Mine goes up about 130ft and then flashes signal loss warning and goes into RTH mode. never did this before I upgraded the FW last week.
What versions of Fw are you using on the AC and RC?

FW that was released on 4-13-17, v01.08.0100. I have no idea what the controller FW is. never knew that was upgradable, and have never seen FW for a controller

FW that was released on 4-13-17, v01.08.0100. I have no idea what the controller FW is. never knew that was upgradable, and have never seen FW for a controller
I'm running this fw with no problems at all, intelligent flight modes all work as well.

Loss of range and returning to home after only 100ft up. It's posted all over this forum from several members

Some are sayung that the mainboards are frying due to the fact that downgrading the firmware does not fix the issue. It's a permanent condition

Wow I haven't heard that, sorry. I'm very glad mine works! I can understand how that would be frustrating!

Last edited:
mapdw1702 I just got my Phantom 3 Standard a week ago. The first thing I did was update firmware. There were 3 updates that happened - the AC the RC, and the battery. All three have firmware apparently. My apologies, I do not know where you look to see what version of firmware is on your RC and AC battery or batteries.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72