Firmware Upgrade Bricks my P2

Reaction score
I've had my P2 since the beginning of January '14 and never had any problems with it. I've been on firmware version 1.8 and had well over 100 successful flights with the P2 and Zenmuse H3-2D gimbal. I received my H3-3D gimbal today and installed it. Fired up the Phantom (still on 1.8 firmware) and both the Phantom and the H33D seemed perfect. I decided to upgrade my firmware anyway, and now my gimbal is bricked and the Quad is also bricked when attempting to use firmware 3.4. As soon as I update to 3.4 I get error message popups as seen in the pics. The quad does not respond to the remote nor does it flash its LEDs when updated to 3.4. I was able to downgrade back to version 1.8 and the quad functions properly, however, the gimbal remains bricked on all firmware versions.

The Gimbal ICU seems to have no firmware. Attempting to upgrade its firmware causes a crash. The Gimbal has power and just hangs there. I've tried the jumper trick to reset as seen in other threads but nothing seems to happen. I'm not sure if this is possibly because my main controller needs to be on a newer firmware for this reset trick to work.

I'm completely lost now and very frustrated. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 4.49.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 4.49.27 PM.png
    181.2 KB · Views: 964
  • Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 4.49.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-06-27 at 4.49.34 PM.png
    154.9 KB · Views: 953
My motors also are not Not working in v3 assistant and the 3.4 firmware THO IT DID WORK the other day. But now it don't. Yet if I down grade it back to v1.8 it works put v 3 and up date and then its back to being a brick with leds. Or maybe a fancy Christmas tree topper. and what sucks is I need to run the v3 and the 2.4 firm ware cause its the only one that dont cause problems from the faulty non dji battery error. in 1.8 even running the motors and causing some vibratos is enough to cause the pis to break contact and then try to punish me thinking I didn't use a priced gouged dji battery and then it wants to crash its self as some way to get even for thinking I'm cheating around with another battery. tho in the latest version it still gets the non dji battery thing but don't try to commit suicide over it. I even meashered the distance of the pins and how much room they have from the time they make contact to the battery all the way inserted and there is about 1/64 inch to 1/32 of room on the pins and thats not very much. So the are just barely able to compress the springs in the pins to make good contact. I'm considering adding some fine silver tips to the pins and disks to the two dots on the battery so that flaw wont cause any more problems.

But been so busy trying to run down so many other things that are problems that I just having had time to even get to fix the battery problem. I also have a new battery thats less then a week old and not even 5 cycles on it and its already shot and got a blown cell and has never taken a full charge sence day one.

Hi There,

I have had the exact problem right after upgrade to v3.04. Did you find any solution?
Thanks

Hi there. I just upgraded my firmware today just for the hell of it. I was doing just fine without the update and as soon as I updated it I take it out for a flight, I lift up on the throttle and it took off!! Flew about 50ft in the air horizontally and started flying away! I had the controller turned off for GPS mode and so when I turned it off it started coming back but another direction. It ran into a tree and fell about 12 ft. Im really upset. I've contacted DJI about the problem with still no response. I have no idea what to do. I would like to try and go back to the firmware I had but I can't seem to find it...

Sean Strachan said:
Hi there. I just upgraded my firmware today just for the hell of it. I was doing just fine without the update and as soon as I updated it I take it out for a flight, I lift up on the throttle and it took off!! Flew about 50ft in the air horizontally and started flying away! I had the controller turned off for GPS mode and so when I turned it off it started coming back but another direction. It ran into a tree and fell about 12 ft. Im really upset. I've contacted DJI about the problem with still no response. I have no idea what to do. I would like to try and go back to the firmware I had but I can't seem to find it...

hi,

you have to disconnect iosd mini from the cambus, and update P2 to P330CB 1.0.1.31 and then connect iosd mini again..

it should work well

That didn't work for me.

Mine worked well yesterday with a downgraded 1.0.1.18, after updating to 1.0.1.31, still the gimbal didn't work, a box came to say update "Gimbal IMU to v1.8", only there doesn't seem to be an option to update!? Any help please, thx.

Fuat said:
How can I downgrade the firmware of the board?

You can't, since earlier versions of the Assistant do not load previous versions of the board firmware. I doubt it will help anyway - if you are still having problems then while they may have been caused by 1.0.1.30, if 1.0.1.31 hasn't fixed them then neither will a previous version. There were a number of reports elsewhere of gimbal damage.

csivet said:
Sean Strachan said:

hi,

you have to disconnect iosd mini from the cambus, and update P2 to P330CB 1.0.1.31 and then connect iosd mini again..

it should work well

csivet, how do I update to P33OCB 1.0.1.31?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31