firmware update problem - p3p-help

great googly moogly .......... i guess waiting overnight and praying works ... i deleted files on the sd card, reloaded the update file (same one i've had the past couple days) an WHALA ... it works, took about 10 minutes of obnoxiously beeping and i get the familiar boot tone .... everything works perfectly ..... no need asking, cause i ain't got a clue ... all i know is now i'm headed to the beach and do a little fish recon ........ :)
So you used
Phantom 3 Professional Firmware v1.9.60
2016-06-13

if you can start the motors ODFM is fine.
go to MISC folder on the microSD card and LOG folder and open the txt file. which device is not recognized? if 15 and 8 then the gimbal main board is the culprit.

hani
Even though the app shows disconnected, and there is zero telemetry, etc? I thought perhaps the bird was receiving data, just not sending anything out, hence the disconnect and lack of any data from the bird. That's why I suspect the ODFM was flaky.

here is my log

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 1.15.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 1.15.10 PM.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 303
after about 10 minutes of super loud beeps the phantom reloaded and started making usual update beeps

I hope everything will be fine

Even though the app shows disconnected, and there is zero telemetry, etc? I thought perhaps the bird was receiving data, just not sending anything out, hence the disconnect and lack of any data from the bird. That's why I suspect the ODFM was flaky.
The disconnect could be simply because of incompatible firmwares between the controller and a bird. Is the light blinking on the odfm?
Do they bind?
What are the versions of the rc and ac?

I've got a same problem
Here's a response from DJI
LOL :D :D
gotta love DJI.

customer: "it's beeping"
DJI: "might be an ESC error"

HAHAHA... made my day!
did they outsource tech support to india already?

Dan,
next thing you'll get an email that the case has been resolved and closed :D

The disconnect could be simply because of incompatible firmwares between the controller and a bird. Is the light blinking on the odfm?
Do they bind?
What are the versions of the rc and ac?
LED on the ODFM was solid red last time I checked. It is now out of the bird. Can't tell what the firmware versions are, there was no data in the Go app due to the complete disconnect. Flashing yellow LEDs on the bird, green light on the gimbal, motors able to start, and that's it. I do have a complete camera to swap out if the ODFM board doesn't fix things.

LED on the ODFM was solid red last time I checked. It is now out of the bird. Can't tell what the firmware versions are, there was no data in the Go app due to the complete disconnect. Flashing yellow LEDs on the bird, green light on the gimbal, motors able to start, and that's it. I do have a complete camera to swap out if the ODFM board doesn't fix things.

ok,
let us know what it is, i still think it's software related vs. hardware, but could be wrong.

ok,
let us know what it is, i still think it's software related vs. hardware, but could be wrong.
I wish it was, could have been an easy fix. The first thing I did was to attempt to update the P3P with the latest firmware, no controller on, and that failed. The Phantom was growling at me, that's as far as it ever got.

if you can start the motors ODFM is fine.
go to MISC folder on the microSD card and LOG folder and open the txt file. which device is not recognized? if 15 and 8 then the gimbal main board is the culprit.

hani
Indeed, the log shows failure for parts 8 & 15. Will swap out camera next, changing the ODFM board did nothing. Just for info, the new board had the fan hard wired, no connector.

Reactions: hunch
Hello, 08 00 and 15 00 are the camera/gimbal for sure, I had that same problem and it was due to after crash the tiny fan of the gimbal mainboard got a blade twisted that didn't let it run so the board got fried

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Just to clarifie I'm not saying that your gimbal mainboard is broken, you should check the flat ribbon cable first, then the gimbal assembly itself, it's a good tactic to start troubleshooting from the basic and then going up (in both money and complexity)

Thanks for all the help. I did inspect everything, and this bird is pristine, never crashed. When I swap out the camera/gimbal assembly, I'll take a better look to see what may have failed.
just REMEMBER, this happens when people are doing fw updates (20+ minutes just sitting there heating up) without any airflow through
the bird and gimbal/camera.
this issue was the same with P2 Vision+ when internal WIFI units started to overheat.
Just place a house fan in front of the P3P (P3A doesn't have this issue) when upgrading the fw and you won't have this issue.

when this happens there is nothing you can do but try to find a working P3P main board for the gimbal which BTW are almost impossible to
get and do yourself a favor and DO NOT buy them on ebay. those sellers have a reason to list them AS-IS, NO RETURNS. they KNOW
the boards they are selling ARE BAD and you'll be wasting your money and time.
Take it from someone who's purchased 10's of them with 99% failure ratio.

i wish DJI would give some of us who fix these on a daily base some resources on where to get the boards so we can just replace them
for the ones that overheated and burned out.
but i don't think that will happen any time soon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic