firmware update problem - p3p-help

lol... if you had it on for 45 minutes i sure HOPE you had a home fan blowing at it at full speed otherwise your gimbal is fried.

something is seriously wrong with your bird for having all those devices not detected.
if you want me to i can check her out. i'm in MN.

had a fan on it running
GOOD!
i preach that all day long to P3P owners. it's not an issue with a P3A bird but because P3P output higher bandwidth (4k vs. 2.7k)
they overheat and burn out.
same was happening with Phantom 2 Vision+ where wifi units stopped working due to over heating.

I am in the process of repairing a P3 Pro, complaint is that the firmware fails to update. This is indeed true, I tried several SD cards, etc. The Phantom stars the upgrade process, then emits several quick spaced tones, then a steady noise. Log files show the same type of entries. The GO app shows DISCONNECTED even though the leds on the P3P are blinking green, and the motors can be started via the app. There is no data coming back from airside, no video either. I suspect the ODFM has failed. I'm not sure if I can swap it out with a good module without taking apart the entire Phantom, which may be under warranty.

de05a0cd8389cf8826927c646345c5b3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

if you can start the motors ODFM is fine.
go to MISC folder on the microSD card and LOG folder and open the txt file. which device is not recognized? if 15 and 8 then the gimbal main board is the culprit.

hani

i can't get to that part .... updating and log info is still not being written to card no matter how long it sits, i'll try again shortly .... thanks for you guys help in this matter

I am having a similar problem. updated the firmware on the controller but when updating on the p3p I get no beeps and just flashed red/green on an off for hours. Tried 2 different sd cards tried formating them with a mac and a pc and redownloading and unzipping the bin file. When the battery was almost dead last time I shut it down and i don't have a log file on the sd but now have a calibrationdata.bin and a usersettings.bin file on the sd My P3p was crashed. I had to replace my odfm and visual positioning card. My gimbal is good but waiting on parts to put the camera back together.

ok guys you need to check in the view properties on your PC to show hidden files so you can see the MISC folder that is on the microSD

see attached pictures if working in windows

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 466
  • 2.png
    2.png
    24.5 KB · Views: 442
I can see hidden folders. on one chip I tried I have in the misc folder. IDX folder, Log folder, thm folder, and Xcode folder. All have no files in them on the other chip I tried Under the log I have I have firmware upgrade finished failed (step = 3, err = 0xffffffff). listed 3 times. Any idea what that means?

can you please copy/paste last 30 lines of the txt file from MISC/LOG/ folder ?

I just want to say kudos to hunch. He usually gets paid to do this for a living. We should all be thankful he takes the time he does to help others here for $0.....

Thanks hunch!

Now back to your regular scheduled program :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: captainmilehigh
I just want to say kudos to hunch. He usually gets paid to do this for a living. We should all be thankful he takes the time he does to help others here for $0.....

Thanks hunch!

Now back to your regular scheduled program :)

Yep. I wouldn't want anybody else working on my bird.

great googly moogly .......... i guess waiting overnight and praying works ... i deleted files on the sd card, reloaded the update file (same one i've had the past couple days) an WHALA ... it works, took about 10 minutes of obnoxiously beeping and i get the familiar boot tone .... everything works perfectly ..... no need asking, cause i ain't got a clue ... all i know is now i'm headed to the beach and do a little fish recon ........ :)

I've got a same problem
Here's a response from DJI

Attachments

• bc19b3039dd8869d06ffb9cb64380440.png
    bc19b3039dd8869d06ffb9cb64380440.png
    55.3 KB · Views: 625

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member