FIRMWARE UPDATE P3P

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Pro. that I recently purchase .When I receive it the firmware needed to be updated . I DID THE UPDATE USING THE FIRMWARE V 1.11.20. After I updated all (remote , battery's and Phantom ) I check to make sure all were working. When I check the software on the the DJI screen THE READINGS WERE AS FOLLOWS ; APP 3.1.52 ............VERSION 1.11.20+ ............REMOTE 1.9.3 ON GL300C ........AC MODEL 323 . My question is were did the + COME FROM and what is the meaning . Have not flown the AC but everything looks to be working with no error prompts . Any thoughts about this would be appreciated Thanks

I recall seeing this question a while ago. If I recall, when you see the + sign after the old firmware number it indicates that you have successfully uploaded the next firmware but it has not been verified by DJI servers.

I have been told it means it is a later version of that version of the firmware but DJI have chosen not to give it an entirely new version number.

I have been told it means it is a later version of that version of the firmware but DJI have chosen not to give it an entirely new version number.

no. There are no such 'versions between versions'. Unless you make one - you can mix modules and bundle them together using dji-firmware-tools. Sometimes the resulting firmware will even work. And yes, this will result with having "+" in version number.

First thing you need to realize is - you can't ask the drone "what's your FW version". By that I mean, the mobile app has no ability to send a single request which will make the drone return version number, with "+" or not. The main reason for that is - the drone is not a single entity. The app doesn't talk to "the drone", it talks to modules. Each of them, but never all of them at once.

I hope now you can figure out the rest.

OK, so are you saying that DJI's own update process or processes can create a, for want of a better term, mongerel version?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, so are you saying that DJI's own update process or processes can create a, for want of a better term, mongerel version?

You mean mongrel, as cross-breed? The usually used term here is just "mixed" - mixed firmware.

DJI's own update process can create it if:
- you supply it with mixed firmware package to begin with
- you replace one or more of the modules with ones which have different version of the FW after the upgrade (note, even the battery is a module)
- one of the modules happens to reboot, or glitch/crash, or have hardware malfunction, and stays at old firmware because of that
- you're reverting to older firmware, and that older version cannot be used to downgrade one of the modules

Also, if your mobile app doesn't have the new firmware in its database, it might give you an impression that you are using mixed firmware. That is where that misconception about "dji servers verification" probably comes from.

Thanks everyone for comments . I also read to uninstall and then re-install DJI app. and that this would change back to version to 1.11.20 without the plus sign . Did try and nothing change ,so much for that . All in all everything seems to be working without any errors showing ,but only time will tell . Have not flown yet ,had plan to do so tomorrow if the weather co -operates. Will keep everyone informed . KEEP THOSE CARDS AND LETTERS COMING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I recently picked up a P3P and did the updates per the app. What I notice, is before the update the map would give me location info in both English and Chinese, now I get nothing, just the home point Icon. It works showing the Birds flight path, but I did like the additional info on the map. Has anyone else seen this?

@Recoveryone your issue does not have any relation to this thread. Use search function to find a thread which discusses something similar to your case, or create a new one.

PJAC, just type P3P firmware update into the forum search (magnifying glass at top right of page) and you can scan through all the times this issue has been raised - and there are loads! Saves going over it all over again:rolleyes:

If everything seems OK and you have no error messages on the RC, give it a test flight! It won't fly if there is a problem!

Reactions: MotorCycle-Man

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic