Firmware update issue

Reaction score
I just updated the firmware in my P3S and I have logged into my DJI Go account on the Android to supposedly register the new firmware. However when I fly the drone I can only go 50 meters and it says my distance limit is reached. I do not have distance limit turned on in the pilot app.
Any clues what is going on here?

I just updated the firmware in my P3S and I have logged into my DJI Go account on the Android to supposedly register the new firmware. However when I fly the drone I can only go 50 meters and it says my distance limit is reached. I do not have distance limit turned on in the pilot app.
Any clues what is going on here?
Did you log out of the app and then log in to the app while your mobile device was connected to the internet, or while it was connected to your RC? If the latter, try it again with your mobile device connected to the internet.

Did you log out of the app and then log in to the app while your mobile device was connected to the internet, or while it was connected to your RC? If the latter, try it again with your mobile device connected to the internet.

Tried all that and I finally installed a newer version of DJI GO and it now works like it used too - without limits!

Tried all that and I finally installed a newer version of DJI GO and it now works like it used too - without limits!
Yes, the FW release notes highlight the correct app versions. I assumed you were already using the appropriate version. Glad you got it sorted. Happy new year!

I have version 01.03.07 and app version 4.0.6. I been hearing if I update. I will have to log into DJI to fly more than 50 meters. I fly a lot were there is no internet access. Should I stay at the old versions?

I have version 01.03.07 and app version 4.0.6. I been hearing if I update. I will have to log into DJI to fly more than 50 meters. I fly a lot were there is no internet access. Should I stay at the old versions?
The reason DJI wants you to log out and back in is when you log back in they ask you to sign off on terms and conditions again. Once you do that the restrictions are lifted.

You do not need the internet to fly, only to log out and back.

Updating is up to you. Just keep in mind if you are still under warranty, not updating could give DJI cause to deny a claim. This just happened to one of my relatives.

Reactions: swansmadman
Thank you for your input. So if I am out in the country and have no internet service. I am limited to my flight distance

Reactions: chrismatthewssr
So based on those versions, you do not have a P3S is that correct?

Thank you for your input. So if I am out in the country and have no internet service. I am limited to my flight distance
Yes you will be limited unless you do the log out / log in process before you are out of the country or just wherever you do have internet access. That or just don't update before your travel or not at all for that matter. It's your choice.

You have probably seen this video posted many times in the numerous posts regarding the 30M/50M restrictions since they were reelased, but just in case:

I'm guessing you have a Mavic Pro but accidentally posted here in the P3S forum, so you could also try to post in the Mavic forum for additional details.
Here are a couple of other links that may be of use for you:
Sudden flight restriction
Search Results for Query: 30m 50m restrictions | DJI Mavic Drone Forum

If you have a P3P or a P3A, check out this thread:
RC issue after firmware update??

Last edited:
If the restrictions are in place now and you do not log out and then log back in to DJI before you go, then yes you will be limited.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4