Firmware question

Reaction score
I have tried to update the firmware on my P3P but will no luck.

Just to clarify...should the file structure on the card be:

root/Phantom_3_Professional_Firmware_v1/P3X_FW_V01.01.0006.bin

or

root/P3X_FW_V01.01.0006.bin

Thanks in advance.

on my advance the firmware was already updated (i tried to update it several times) and it failed.
There is a text file that is generated that tells you status of update on the sd card.

However my remote was not updated at factory and I did that update today.

and when the say root the .bin file needs to be at the top level of the card NOT in a directory.

Reactions: Dan Fonseca
You can always dig a little deeper as well.. Enable hidden files in your os and look for:

x:\misc\logs\

on my advance the firmware was already updated (i tried to update it several times) and it failed.
There is a text file that is generated that tells you status of update on the sd card.

However my remote was not updated at factory and I did that update today.

and when the say root the .bin file needs to be at the top level of the card NOT in a directory.

Thanks robinb

You can always dig a little deeper as well.. Enable hidden files in your os and look for:

x:\misc\logs\
Not to hijack the thread, but I flashed successfully this morning both the craft and the remote, but upon launch of the iOS app, it states "aircraft update required", but it successfully connects and flies despite this. Any ideas?

Not to hijack the thread, but I flashed successfully this morning both the craft and the remote, but upon launch of the iOS app, it states "aircraft update required", but it successfully connects and flies despite this. Any ideas?

Reboot everything including the tablet and see if it goes away..

Am I right in saying that if the iOS app states that everything is disconnected (when all is switched on) then the P3 and controller need updating?

Am I right in saying that if the iOS app states that everything is disconnected (when all is switched on) then the P3 and controller need updating?
That was definitely the case for me. Once I flashed the update it connected after about 1 minute of everything being powered up.

Will try again this evening - this time making sure that the .bin file is not in a folder on the card. Just wish this bloody wind would die down!

Thanks everyone.

Just an FYI - I seemed to have some trouble updating the firmware initially because I had deleted the DCIM folder on the card before copying the .bin file to root. Upon powering up the bird it apparently recreated the DCIM folder first and then moved the .bin file into the folder. On the next attempt I left the DCIM folder in place and simply moved the file back to root. Tried it again and voila.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31