Firmware Bricked Phantom 3 pro.

TLM

Reaction score
I do not fly my drone very much the entire time I've had it I've recharged the battery 15-20 times. At first I was scared to do a firmware update but after reading here and watching many youtube videos I successfully completed one. Did not use the drone for several months got her out and my phone a Samsung Galaxy said the app needed to update so I did then it said you must update the drone. Again I followed the instructions and it Bricked my drone.

Several phone calls to DJI and they finally sent me a US pickup label yay. Well I just checked my email they want me to pay almost $500.00 to get my drone baxk for a firmware they forced on me wtf?!?!?

Anyone else have this happen what actions did you take.

You did not brick the aircraft, and that is why dji is charging you a retail price.

It's a real shame you didn't share your troubles before dealing with dji as we could have guided you through this in no time.

Surely they will stand behind their product. The email they sent me says I need a main control board and a main gimbal board. So when I get it back unrepaired I can fix this?

I do not fly my drone very much the entire time I've had it I've recharged the battery 15-20 times. At first I was scared to do a firmware update but after reading here and watching many youtube videos I successfully completed one. Did not use the drone for several months got her out and my phone a Samsung Galaxy said the app needed to update so I did then it said you must update the drone. Again I followed the instructions and it Bricked my drone.

Several phone calls to DJI and they finally sent me a US pickup label yay. Well I just checked my email they want me to pay almost $500.00 to get my drone baxk for a firmware they forced on me wtf?!?!?

Anyone else have this happen what actions did you take.

Can we see the invoice of diagnosis/parts? $500 is a lot, just the main board is much much less, like 200-250. Did you crash the drone? Something in your story is missing detail. What did they say they needed to replace??

Surely they will stand behind their product. The email they sent me says I need a main control board and a main gimbal board. So when I get it back unrepaired I can fix this?
Didn't see is .. You are out of warranty period I assume? I'd try and escalate, post in Dji forums and see if those mods can help??

No I did not crash the drone. I got a new phone downloaded the dji app turned everything on like always the dji app on my phone said I must update the drone. So I did it just sits there with a flashing red light making a noise if I remember correctly. The email from dji says I need a main control board and a main gimbal control board plus I think $68 labor.

They said the drone is out of warranty, my complaint is it worked fine until the app forced me to upgrade firmware. I would have never upgraded the firmware unless there was some huge new feature. The one upgrade I did was so I could use the follow me, waypoint, circle modes.

there is no reason that the main board and gimbal board should be replaced. thats BS
and $500? c'mon DJI. main board is $149 and that RETAIL!.
decline the service and send it to me, i'll get you back in the air for less than half that, if that.

Reactions: Digdat0
Before you give it to hunch (who is a great guy by the way), get the RC back and start posting here. We can at least help you check if you need a new RC. If you do, talk to hunch.

Also, in the future, never 'upgrade' firmware without looking around here first. There are enough masochists that will load anything new and shiny just for the experience that us slow folk can let THEM be the beta testers......

Reactions: bobomet
Before you give it to hunch (who is a great guy by the way), get the RC back and start posting here. We can at least help you check if you need a new RC. If you do, talk to hunch.

Also, in the future, never 'upgrade' firmware without looking around here first. There are enough masochists that will load anything new and shiny just for the experience that us slow folk can let THEM be the beta testers......
Yup, good idea. I just think that DJI is trying to get $$ out of OP because fw upgrade went bad which is a non issue. The fact they told him he needs a new main board is beyond me.
Anyways, don't pay them anything, get the bird back and go from there, here on the forums.

Hi ALL,
I am a new flyer basically,I have a used Phantom 3 professional,a friend of mine flew it in the ground and said you want this? and handed me the transmitter.
So,I did all the updates ,I was surprised some upgraded over my phone,I checked in the app and it said success,but when I try to turn on the motors I get a ESC error and a do a BATT reset and then call dji support,so I get a go fly green in top bar,18 sats high bar signal strength, aircraft has green leds but no power to the motors,I have equipment just no knowledge of how to enable ,any help is appreciated!

Update: Called DJI after 23 minutes of hold the represenative took all my info and promptry hung up on me. Thinking surely he would call me back since he had just repeated my number to me I waited for my return call, which never came.

Second call was only on hold for ten minutes. Gave my info and case number explained everything and the caller asked me if I could go get my drone and run a diagnostic check. WTF one he obviously did not listen or maybe understand engish, two where are all the notes related to the case number???? After 20 more minutes of explaining he sent up a request to waive the fees. He says will take 48 hours before I will know results.

I was about to drop cash on a ronin mx bad as this is may have saved me another mistake.

UPDATE. Have to give credit where credit is due.

DJI just sent me an email saying they were fixing the phantom under warranty. Guess I'll be buyin a ronin M or MX now.

Last update, I received brand new phantom 3 professional in the mail yesterday. Totally new drone and control I know because I had marked mine in several spots.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic