Firmware 3.12 warning. Do not update!

dirkclod said:
I just went to 3.12 and tried it with no issues and came back in and just changed it back to 3.08 using the assistant 3.2 with no problems doing so . Glad I still had it in my downloads but I really didn't see any changes when calibrating or flying .
The only thing that I don't remember seeing was it says nasa in app now where I just used to see N/A

I can verify it says naza now to.

3.08 no issues
3.10 no issues
3.12 no issues

That's pretty much my experience thus far. I wonder if the issues are for a specific P2V+ series/batch

I don't know what the deal is with this Bio ! Been trying to keep up with it but it's being discussed in 3 different Forums so that's why I just went ahead and tried it . I did go back to 3.08 but really did so to just see if I could .

Went with v 3.06 assistant software. When hooked up it said I was using 3.12 and had the option to upgrade to 3.08 in blue, which was actually a downgrade. Flew today and all seemed ok.

Why exactly should everyone try and revert back to 3.08??? This is the only place I have found that mentions any issue at all with 3.12, and what is mentioned here is sketchy at best. Been running 3.12 for a couple of days now and it runs perfect as far as I can tell. Where exactly did this information about overheating IMU's come from? Sorry none of this makes any sense.

Just did another GS mission about 7K feet total and came back at 28% battery. Everything went flawless. 3.12 seems fine. Still no issues to report.

Don't know why mine messed up. The only thing I can think of is the bottom upgrade I think was zen something. I said to upgrade all. Don't know if the zen thing messed it up.

I have upgraded and flown 3-4 times with no issues. I live in KC and the avg temp has been around 40 deg.

It's like one person has a problem , and it spreads like wild fire. I really think instead of reupdateing. And taking a little time to figure it out , we get panic post !

I have upgraded to 3.12 and flow 3 times, everything was fine, flying in Central Brittany so around 10 - 15 deg C (Vision plus V3)

Suggestion: Someone earlier mentioned that the ambient temperature may play a factor in those that have and those that do not have a problem. It seems that those that are claiming success with this upgrade are all flying in cooler temperatures. If all those that are having issues report their ambient temperatures, maybe someone can make sense of this as being or not being a problem.

Not really panic mode. Just confused why it did what it did. I've always had good results with upgrading in the past. This glitch took awhile to figure out how to get running again. Leaving for New Mexico and wanted to get some fly time in. I follow this board everyday but usually do not post much. Judging by the critics and so called experts I will try to keep my posts to myself.
Forester

marcusdji said:
When firmware 3.10 was released I noticed the problem with IMU communication. It seems it was caused by a protocol problem. When the Phantom was hot it would not communicate the way it should with the other modules. Now the firmware 3.12 have the same problem, but now the phantom needs to be hotter. I already reported it to DJI, like I did when the 3.10 firmware was released.

So my advice is: Do not update.

Maybe they will allow the downgrade again, but meanwhile, you can downgrade to firmware version 3.08 using the Assistant v3.6.

May I ask, Why in the world would you update a working system? If it works, why change it? I do not understand...

GSSP said:
May I ask, Why in the world would you update a working system? If it works, why change it? I do not understand...

Most of us take updating on a case by case basis. For instance when I first got my plus in April 2014 out came with version 2.0. That was the first implementation of restricted areas and flight limits. Amongst other improvements. I had a slight problem of a one time uncommanded descent. After which I downgraded to 1.08 and stayed on that for a long time until after about a month after 3.02 was released and found to be very stable. I decided I was ready for the 3.x features and upgraded. I had much the same attitude as you have now. So the point is it was working just fine with 1.08 but now I have all the features of 3.x. So just because it is working just fine with whatever version you are on does not necessarily mean you should never upgrade. It depends on your particular situation and the testing and validating of others. Personally I do not see any necessary improvements with 3.12. And 3.08 is very stable. Also keep in mind they may have fixed other unmentioned bugs with any one release which may help with stability of the firmware. Just my $0.02.

I write software for a living, so I know first hand that what's documented in software release notes is not always the complete list of changes. So, for me, I always upgrade because I want the latest and greatest version. Perhaps it includes unmentioned minor bug fixes and/or tweaks. And, that can go the other way too -- since new bugs can always be introduced.

BlackTracer, the update we use to get were always misleading. They would have the updates appear as though we were getting something special, and even though we did they took something away in return. An example would like, update version we're getting Auto Pilot, but after you do the update and fly your quad you discover the quad no longer flies 45mph(20ms) in gps mode but now was slowed down to 33.5mph(15ms). Or the Descent rate is no longer 13.5mph(6ms), but now 4.5mph(2ms). Overall I believe the current descent rate of 4.5mph(2ms) was the hardest change of them to accept.

I have tried warning pilots to at least wait a week to 10days before upgrading any firmware. I don't know if there has ever been a update that has went flawless. There always seems to be some kind of bug each time. And now that these No-Fly zones are being being added some time soon, it's hard to say what can be expected to come from that transition.

I live in the UK, did the upgrade and am now struggling to get mote than 6 GPS signals, I am in the same area where I always manged to get 10 or even 12 previously, after the upgrade carried out all cals and got error 29 (temp), have done the GPS mod some time ago and had no previous problems, need to do a big vid shoot on Monday and dont fancy flying effectively in manual mode but may have to unless one (or more) of you knowledgeable guys can assist.

Have DJI assistant 3.4 on my PC

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing