Finding a replacement Gimbal Ribbon Flat Cable (Part 85)

Reaction score
Crashed my Phantom 3 Standard and the camera came off. I believe the only real damage is the ribbon cable snapped and I'm trying to find a new one.

In Australia so going through offical DJI is a pain and expensive so I'm looking on ebay. My problem is all the cables seem to end in "PK" or "DA" or AC" and I have no idea what the differences are. They all look the same to me.

I sure cant advise you on the ribbon cable as where to get a OEM one as some non oem are junk / rubbish.
ONCE you get going again.....its best to replace all them tiny plastic buttons in the gimbal with small cable tires....so the camera wont be ripped loose and tear the ribbon cable UP..... just don't tighten them up...leave some bounce room..so the camera can slightly wiggle !
we have a guy here on this forum that lives their in AU he recency advised it to a guy that ripped his ribbon cable out........I done all four of mine a year ago.

The problem with using cable ties rather than the rubber donuts, is that the cable ties transmit all the fine vibrations from the ac to the camera, and degrades the image slightly.

Interested in this topic as well, I replaced my ribbon cable with one off of ebay 2 seperate times, I have a completely dead camera now with the cables. I have no idea if its the cable that is bad (as it is not an OEM cable) or what the issue is....

I sure cant advise you on the ribbon cable as where to get a OEM one as some non oem are junk / rubbish.
ONCE you get going again.....its best to replace all them tiny plastic buttons in the gimbal with small cable tires....so the camera wont be ripped loose and tear the ribbon cable UP..... just don't tighten them up...leave some bounce room..so the camera can slightly wiggle !
we have a guy here on this forum that lives their in AU he recency advised it to a guy that ripped his ribbon cable out........I done all four of mine a year ago.

How do I know its an OEM cable? Do you just mean buying directly off DJI? Because that seems to be the difference in a $20AUD cable and a $200AUD cable ($200 from Amazon, $70 on ebay but with shipping from China that could take up to 3 months).

So I ended up buying one from Amazon for $60 USD...A pricey cable but it was from DJI directly

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.