Filmora Wondershare

Reaction score
Not wanting to pay a ridiculous price (most editors seem to be $500+), or sign up to an expensive subscription service just to do basic 4K editing, I have gotten Filmora. It's not perfect and lacks many of the things the other editors have but for my purposes it works, that said, does anyone else here use it? I have some questions:

When selecting my export options, if I save it as an MP4 to my computer at full resolution it has a vastly different file size (more than double) than if I export directly to YouTube using the 4K option. Why is that? Is the YouTube version down rezed somewhat to make it more YouTube friendly? Is there anyway to force a direct upload of the full resolution version without having to first save it to my computer?

Can the preview version while editing be down rezed more? My laptop is only designed for 720p so the preview plays at less than half speed while the audio plays at full speed which makes audio syncing basically impossible.

Can export be sped up? I am currently working on a video just under 24 minutes long but saving ("exporting") it at full resolution at maximum quality settings is taking nearly 12 hours, surely there is a way to speed this up?

Ditto for YouTube, uploading even short videos takes a ridiculous amount of time, why?

Is there any kind of "warp stabilizer" in this program? If so where is it? I was using a Z-Axis on my Osmo+ but even so there is a slight amount of shake.

Also, I am having some stability issues, the program randomly crashes or hangs up a lot.

I wave also tried the Correl X whatever it is but it was basically unusable, it was taking 20 hours+ to "compress" even a short 4-5 minute video before I could even START editing.

As you can tell, my laptop was not designed for video editing, but getting another computer is not an option right now so I have to make do with what I have.

On another note, why are 4K editors (that don't cost a fortune) so difficult to find? Honestly, for the stuff that I am doing Windows Movie Maker or the YouTube editor would work fine except, despite the current prevelence of 4K cameras, even in cell phones, both will not export 4K and will down rez to 1080P. I have a 4K camera, I intend to share my videos the way they were shot, what is the point of a 4K camera when you can't use it? Simply being able to splice, cut, do basic color correcting and stuff, use LUTs, add a sound track and titles/captions, add transitions, and correct for shake is really about all I need, why is that so difficult to find?

Most people's TV and most computers can't play 4K video much less edit it. Just get handbrake and rez down with that.....there is a very small prosumer market for video-editing with in/out, transitions, bins, cuts, etc.

One thing that you can do with 4K is to crop the video, giving you a digital zoom in effect.

Reactions: andyimages
I haven't used the version that can handle 4K, but the VEGAS Studio line of video editing apps works pretty well. I usually use Premiere, but the VEGAS products are much cheaper and fine for non-commercial use.

I believe so. All my work has been in 1080. Free version only works with one GPU and lacks some special effects, but is very robust and I have found no need to upgrade, although I will as soon as I get a more powerful computer.

What is he difference between the free and the $299 version? The website doesn't say much, I'm sensing a catch. Can the free version output in 4K?
According to the web site, the $299 DaVinci Resolve 12.5 Studio features everything found in the free version, plus adds multiple GPU support, 4K mastering, HDR grading, motion blur effects, noise reduction, 3D, multi-user tools and more.

The free DaVinci Resolve 14 includes all of the same high quality processing as DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio and can handle unlimited resolution media files. However it does limit project mastering and output to Ultra HD resolutions or lower. DaVinci Resolve 14 only supports a single processing GPU on Windows and Linux and 2 GPUs on the latest Mac Pro.

If you need features such as support for multiple GPUs, 4K output, motion blur effects, temporal and spatial noise reduction, HDR tools, Lens distortion correction, de-interlacing, Resolve FX Lens Flare, Lens Blur and Film Grain, 3D stereoscopic tools, remote rendering, an external database server and collaboration tools that let multiple users work on the same project at the same time, please upgrade to DaVinci Resolve 14 Studio.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik