FEMA Alert test

Reaction score
Hello the Group,
Just curious how the FEMA Alert scheduled today at 02:00pm Eastern will affect DJO Go or Go4.
I use two iphone 6's and an ipad Mini3 that have no cell service. According to the scheduled National test it will alert even phones that have no service.
I guess my question is, would this alert be visible during flight? I don't suspect it would interfere with flight or GO but waiting to see how it will react. I'll be hovering low just in case .... heh heh

It probably would/did just come to the forefront of your screen (even on a locked screen) and sound an alert.

Well, I didn't receive it. Please let me know if there is ever a national emergency. Apparently, Trump doesn't have my number. Guess I'll be the last to know if an asteroid is headed our way.

Reactions: MTO
Well, I didn't receive it. Please let me know if there is ever a national emergency. Apparently, Trump doesn't have my number. Guess I'll be the last to know if an asteroid is headed our way.

I was surprised that there are a few telecoms that "opted out" and even more surprised they were allowed to "opt out".

The guy on the radio today said that if your phone is off (duh) or you are outside of cell service area, you will not receive it.
If that's true, if you had your device disconnected, I'd assume that it will not receive the test alert.

If there is an asteroid headed our way there is only one thing to do !!!!!

Wait for it !!!

Put your head down as far as it will go and kiss your a** good buy.

I get pretty much every alert sent in Louisiana from Amber and Silver alerts to a special alert recently when the I-10 was shut down by a huge motor vehicle wreck. But I didn't get this new Presidential Emergency Alert test today.

I always fly in airplane mode and it did come to the front of my Apple device. On the a Android it came across as a red tinted bar at the top of the screen. Since the alert came at 2:18 instead of 2:00 I was not in the air. However, DJI GO and GO 4 were connected to the AC.
My conclusion would be the only harm would be in the sound scaring the bejesus out of you in mid flight..

Actually there is a good chance that any text message, phone call or notification will interfere with the flight. Not just this useless notification.

That of course was the point of the FEMA test. Even phones that do not have a service plan were notified. Both my Android and Apple device's received the message but did not affect the GO app. Just touched the "ok" and it went away. Easy Peasy.

I wish we could get an alert every time our Prime Minister came back into the country.

Bud

I get pretty much every alert sent in Louisiana from Amber and Silver alerts to a special alert recently when the I-10 was shut down by a huge motor vehicle wreck. But I didn't get this new Presidential Emergency Alert test today.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1