Fell from the sky

Reaction score
Hi. New here. Ok on 10th flight day three out of box, on horizontal flight my drone went silent and fell from the sky. I have sent it back to service center and it has been there about 3 weeks. Anyone else having similar experience ?

Hi. New here. Ok on 10th flight day three out of box, on horizontal flight my drone went silent and fell from the sky. I have sent it back to service center and it has been there about 3 weeks. Anyone else having similar experience ?

Yep, there's lots of similar experiences. The P2 is an amazing bird, but it falls out of the sky every day. Do a bit of reading here. The P2 forums are a bit slow at the moment with the P3 having just hit the airways, but you can see plenty of threads with folks having issues.
Sorry yours hit the dirt. Some of them do keep on flying and take awesome videos.

Oh yea, WELCOME TO THE FORUM :)

Reactions: AmosMoses
Add me to the list......Dropped like a rock from 200' 9 minutes into what seemed like a perfect flight.:mad:

Add me to the list......Dropped like a rock from 200' 9 minutes into what seemed like a perfect flight.:mad:

Ditto, My PV2+ did the same thing, about 200 feet and heading back home for the last flight of the day and it just froze and dropped out of the sky. It hit concret and camera disintegrated but the craft was still seem intact.. I had the carbon fiber plate to protect the camera and the camera brace.. I think it save the legs but the camera still seperated and the camera ribbon cable still tore..

Not sure if I want to open it up and fix it or just call/return it to DJI and see what happens..

I also have a PV2 with a rotorpixel camera... it's solid and has never failed me.

Not going to buy any more DJI products for a while and try something different.. maybe the 3DR Solo or Yuneec Q500+..

For shure 40 ft up turned off and on then crashed in grass busted gimbal and camera off bent arm broke all propellers dronesetc said it was past 10 days and it was only 10 Tha I was To late I will fight this all the way there gonna replace it I get no reply and that's wrong I'm driving to salt lake utah from Washington to speak to dronesetc personally this weekend

Hey Thomas,

Do us a favor and step back, take a few deep breaths and realize we don't exactly know what happened. We need facts. Emotions are for "Off Topic". We have a special forum called off topic. This is much more serious, so focus and stay "On Topic".
Perhaps you could provide a picture, a video from your bird, a link to the seller.
We're here to help :) if you give us what we need.

Here is a start, how about adding your general location to your profile. It gives us a good idea who we're dealing with. :)

This is a great way to find things in our forum.
It's Google Custom Search, enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.

https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

For shure 40 ft up turned off and on then crashed in grass busted gimbal and camera off bent arm broke all propellers dronesetc said it was past 10 days and it was only 10 Tha I was To late I will fight this all the way there gonna replace it I get no reply and that's wrong I'm driving to salt lake utah from Washington to speak to dronesetc personally this weekend

You talking about this same crash which you posted about earlier?:

"I had a experience with one of my vision+ drones I was flying around neighborhoods and the low battery warning came on tried to bring it home as fast as I could and just as I almost was able to reach it it took off 16 ft in air just missed grabbing it by inches and it took off into power lines and exploded and bolted right into the I 5 interstate freeway and was flashing in a lane upside down could of killed someone and got put in jail then the freeway was blocked and I had to jump in my truck race around 2 miles to freeway on ramp got to drone still there cars going by it and I stopped and got out and picked my drone up and drove home crying thinking what just happened still in shock"
#8 thomas thatcher, Monday at 9:06 PM

http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/flight-time.43159/#post-401136

Reactions: dirkclod

"I had a experience with one of my vision+ drones I was flying around neighborhoods and the low battery warning came on tried to bring it home as fast as I could and just as I almost was able to reach it it took off 16 ft in air just missed grabbing it by inches and it took off into power lines and exploded and bolted right into the I 5 interstate freeway and was flashing in a lane upside down could of killed someone and got put in jail then the freeway was blocked and I had to jump in my truck race around 2 miles to freeway on ramp got to drone still there cars going by it and I stopped and got out and picked my drone up and drove home crying thinking what just happened still in shock"

That's a different drone one went into RTh and shot up 7 to wires the most recent was I was bringing it home about 40 ft up it turned off and turned back on again thigh front motor shorted causing it to crash broke camera off and gimbal and bent the arm bad the camera still worked after I put it all together ever thing worked except that motor.Well I took it my drone mechanic he is professionAL he said when you buy used it is usage someone return and what can happen is that people crash their drone buy a new then take parts that they need and replace them with old then return it get their money back drone fiex then I come along and buy it he thinks that is what happend.Now they are gonna take 15 percent my refund and nothing I did is my fault.Then he really screwed he said that I was being vargas 15 percent because I crashed my drone Wich I did not ,I had proof then he said in writing to return my defective drone to this a dress busted he shouldn't of said defective he should of said crashed drone or just drone this is my second replacement when they garunteed me 1st time it was they tried to overcharge me,then the sold me a faulty vision +the camera was bad that took a month to get it replaced then they forgot my battery I had extra battery after month and half I got it replaced finall yes later it falls from sky ya no customer service they were very rude and Shor made me feel like a crinimal.

Hey Thomas,

Do us a favor and step back, take a few deep breaths and realize we don't exactly know what happened. We need facts. Emotions are for "Off Topic". We have a special forum called off topic. This is much more serious, so focus and stay "On Topic".
Perhaps you could provide a picture, a video from your bird, a link to the seller.

Here is a start, how about adding your general location to your profile. It gives us a good idea who we're dealing with. :)

It's Google Custom Search, enter your text in the middle of the page, not at the top.

Step back you step back the a breath,don't you think it's strange to send another guy smile faces

Hi, I started this thread on 5/6/15, Well I got my drone back on the 6/4/15. Don't let the dates get in the way off the entire process. I called and text with DJI several times. At first everything was cool. Sent me a UPS packing slip and I sent it the their location in LA. If you LA it is about 135 city's. ok so back to the process. I received an email it was received. In 12 days it was checked in now they said is when the 5-6 week time frame. So I had a drone I flew for 3 days. 10 times! That is about $120.00 per flight!

I got it back in a box with not packing other than the sales box inside of a box just big enough for the original box. I was told to send it with proper packing or they would just send it back as unapproved.

The drone flys they sent new decals as they had to replace the body. Etc!

I now have a drone with I would not want to fly around people. We are having a Major Red River flood where I live. I will fly it over the river to look at some million dollar homes that are not flooded. It will most likely fall into the river as it did previously.
I had a nice drone, This is saddening that DJI gets away with this. Someone is going to get hurt! Then sue someone and we will have to sue DJI.

Please check out my new post.

Hey Thomas,

https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi
Please check out my new post.

Please check out my mew post
Sad to say but I expect nothing less from dji service after reading what I have.
The fact that they don't even bother to put the shipping crate back in the box when they return it is just laughable!! Laughable in a sick, gut wrenching way that is!!
I think we all need to except the fact that once we give the communist Chinese government our hard earned money, we're pretty much on our own. Unless of course if we want to stand in the bread line and wait 6to8 weeks to be given a moldy loaf of stale bread!! LMAO!!
What else can we do?? Sigh...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I do plan on a reply to them, as they send an invitation to rate their service.

I will speak my disapproval of quality, although it may be on deaf ears. I will also be speaking to the owner of the store I bought it at. Just so he is aware.

Within a short time, there will be options that have incredible reliability AND amazing customer service. This technology is advancing fast and I think/hope other companies are hearing these complaints. It would be a no-brainer to use customer service alone to get an edge on the industry leader.

Within a short time, there will be options that have incredible reliability AND amazing customer service. This technology is advancing fast and I think/hope other companies are hearing these complaints. It would be a no-brainer to use customer service alone to get an edge on the industry leader.

I'm kinda curious what drew you to this forum. :confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31