FCC Application for Phantom 3 Pro and Advanced

Reaction score
As posted on FCCID.NET

A new FCC Application has just gone through for SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD!
It appears to be for a Phantom 3 Professional (TS - Digital Transmission System).
Full details on this application and possible product images can be found at http://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=SS3-WM3231503&id=170165

A new FCC Application has just gone through for SZ DJI TECHNOLOGY CO., LTD!
It appears to be for a Phantom 3 Advanced (TS - Digital Transmission System).
Full details on this application and possible product images can be found at http://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=SS3-WM3221503&id=465942

Ron

Forgive me for being thick here but what does this exactly mean, and does this all so suggest that maybe DJi were not lying when they said in an interview at NAB last week that production Of the P3 had not started yet.

Forgive me for being thick here but what does this exactly mean, and does this all so suggest that maybe DJi were not lying when they said in an interview at NAB last week that production Of the P3 had not started yet.
It probably means that DJI have applied for, and gained FCC approval for the P3 Tx unit.

Why do so many forum people leap to conspiratorial theories over the most innocuous things?
BTW .. that wasn't DJI that was interviewed. It was Randy Braun that works for DJI.
He obviously has very little idea when it comes to P3 technical issues and was a dud interviewee.
We've all seen photos of the assembly line at the DJI factory cranking out P3s.
There's no need to start thinking they aren't even making them yet.

Forgive me, i didn't mean to anger you when pointing out what he said in that interview, or suggest i believed it my self. I was simply asking others. Hope this has not spoiled your day.Happy flying ;)

Reactions: Rob_stal
The unit I have is not a prototype. It has all the barcodes and stickers you would expect a finished unit. Prototypes don't come with serial numbers barcoded to boxes? The battery looks exactly like what you would buy in the shop. So somewhere out there - there are a couple of thousand P3 packaged up. If the P3 is released in 2 weeks there is no way that the things are not already in a warehouse

They better had start shipping in 2 weeks, and not a massive delay like i was told happened with the inspire. Again you will know if that is true or not. Go get them height results, and take the top of and make robinb's day.

This 'GRANT OF EQUIPMENT AUTHORIZATION' means that as far as the FCC is concerned, the on-board LB transmission equipment for the P3P & P3A meets all performance requirements. DJI may now sell, distribute, etc. them in the U.S. Interesting, it shows a conducted Tx power level of 0.746 watts.

The Tx has similar documents available too.
http://fccid.net/number.php?fcc=SS3-GL3001501&id=845254#axzz3Xf1LcJhR

Interesting, it shows a conducted Tx power level of only 0.038 watts.
Update:
Further reading of the Tx docs. I now see that the .038 watts is the Tx board's conductive output power @50ohms = 0.038watts = 15.8dBm.

Now the interesting part... the [US-FCC] Tx employs a 3.5dBi antenna.
(I have no idea if it's the left or the right one, the other is Rx only.)

Now add the 15.8dBm conducted Tx power + the 3.5dBi forward gain = 19.3dBm = 0.085mW.
A bit shy of 20dBm or 100mW.

It would seem the antenna(s) (at least the Tx) are directional and thus have a front/rear.

Also, pure speculation, it may be that the EC versions omit the directional gain Tx antenna and therefore are within the 16dBm/40mW restriction by virtue of maximum conducted power.

I welcome others to read these docs. and see what thier opinions are.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic