Fc40 with walkera gimbal

Reaction score
Hi guy's just an update. FC40 with 2900 lipo 10 mins to first warning. add 300g (walkera gimbal )to aircraft and fully charged 2900 got first warning on lipo at 5 mins. Is it worth it????? Is there a lighter gimbal?????

Hi guy's just an update. FC40 with 2900 lipo 10 mins to first warning. add 300g (walkera gimbal )to aircraft and fully charged 2900 got first warning on lipo at 5 mins. Is it worth it????? Is there a lighter gimbal?????
the walkera is about the lightest out there,i did the Multistar 4000 mah 3 s battery mod and was getting around 12-13 min. using the Vision props will give you more time also,if you have prop guards it will cut it down some.

You'll definitely need to up your battery and move to the 9450 P2 props. I've got about the same setup as Tallyver except 3G walkera gimbal and GoPro and am getting around 10min w/ the multistar and P2 props.

Reactions: IflyinWY
I couldn't bare with the loss of flight time so I am just using a cheap standard servo gimbal with the fc40 cam. I have 4000mah and I get 15 to 17 min till autoland. The gimbal isn't great for quality video unless there is no wind whatsoever, however it's nice to control pitch and not have it tilt down on acceleration. That time is with the ar drone mod installed for fpv and telemetry also

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

Renegade, please refresh my memory.
What elevation are you starting from?
What does your bird weigh?
WTF have you done to it to make it so lethargic?

Walkera has a 120 gram gimbal for the GoPro. What the heck are you using?

Renegade, please refresh my memory.
What elevation are you starting from?
What does your bird weigh?
WTF have you done to it to make it so lethargic?

Walkera has a 120 gram gimbal for the GoPro. What the heck are you using?
Hi
I stupidly stuck the weight of a 250g gimbal plus the fc40 camera on board and tried to hover in the back garden. The Phantom was dancing all over the place ( I think to much weight ) .I think the overall weight came in at 1350g and it was a little windy.

It should still fly well for you at that weight. I fly at that weight at 2000 meters and it does fine with stock 8" props. It flies better with P2 9450 props though.

My bird will act goofie, dancing all over the place, if I calibrate the compass over underground power lines. Maybe you are due for a compass calibration, away from electrical interference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31