Fast low FPV with 9050 triblades, its a beast

I was trying to get the footage side by side but moviemaker will not allow such an advanced function, looking into other editing software. I did both the tests in attitude mode going downwind (10 -15knots). Testing in all the modes is a good idea and I agree with you on the gimbal (somehow I think the hibernation mode only prolongs the inevitable death). The zenmuse made some bizarre noises today at one time. I will attach the fixed camera mount for my fast fpv. If my zenmuse is going to die I hope it does it soon, not that I noticed a warranty with it. Av a good weekend chaps, be back Monday, Bucks weekend begins :D

I just tried the tri blades tonight and found the Phantom to be real squirrel y in a hoverand unpredictable and I did balance them. Just to make sure that the Phantom was in good shape I went back to stock blades and things calmed back down. Are you changing any of the settings. Thanks

I am using non stock motors but running stock gains its fine for me, a few others have tried them on stock motors and I haven't heard others having stability issues.

Did you drill or ream out the holes to fit on the stock motors? If not done very well this would give poor flight performance, these will also have more issues descending straight down going through more prop wash due to the greater lift and disturbed air.

Also did you get the 9050 GWS triblades or something different? I also got some 8040x3 GWS blades but these are quite unstable in flight and so I dont use them but the 9050x3 is smoother for me then stock props doing everything except descending through its own disturbed air.

TickTock said:
My GWS 9050 tri-blades came today and I can now attest to them too. Using the same battery I held the Phantom in a hover with my previous favorite carbon fiber props and again with the triblades.

carbon fiber:
start pack volts 12.16V
constant red flash @ 10.65V, 7:45 minutes

triblades:
start pack volts 12.16V
constant red flash @ 10.64V, 8:53 minutes

That's a 15% increase with a cheaper set of blades!

Awesome
How would you say the stability is with the 3 blades compared? I definitely want the best pictures rather than flight time. Curious

stability is the same except when descending. Bigger blades and more blades equals more prop wash. The only slightly bad thing about them. I would rather have more lift than smoother descent. If I want a better descent I will simply change props back to the balanced stock props.

Do these 9050 triblades have the key slot to fit the saft on the phantom? Or do you need special washers etc?

insatiable said:
Do these 9050 triblades have the key slot to fit the saft on the phantom? Or do you need special washers etc?
You'll have to drill them out (I used a 19/64 bit for a very snug fit) and insert the spacers that comes with them (#8). If you are concerned about your ability to drill precisely on axis, I think you can use a 5/16 and rely on the spacers to align it however I was not very impressed with the included spacers (visible variation in the wall thickness). You will definitely need to balance them too (what do you expect with a cheap set of props? :))

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20