Faith in DJI totally restored. 5* repair service.

Reaction score
Bought a second hand p3p and after updating, and changing tabs it ceased working.

After posting on forums, I discovered opinions and repair tips are like bum holes, all different and everyone’s got one. And my goodness don’t drone flyers get catty?

After much exasperation, I Opened a case with DJI after online troubleshooting proved fruitless. Sent done and handset to them and Parcel arrived to them via UPS about 4 days after sending and was kept up to date by email.

Worth noting i had heard some terrible stories about DJI, so I was very explicit in my dealing with them, citing my rights as a customer under “fit for purpose” rights, but not sure whether this had any bearing. Also created a bit of fuss via Twitter. I was unsure the “repair” would be covered under warranty, and although it was apparent the drone had hardly been used I was unsure of the exact age of the drone and when it was registered. Later discovered that I could find this information out via email quoting serial number.

Anyway the upshot is the drone was register 18 months ago, however DJI have replaced the handset “under warranty”. This has saved me €271 and didn’t even have to pay any postage. Didn’t have to argue, insist or get snotty with anyone!

Really pleased and can’t wait to get flying again. I suppose my advice is to not always believe what you read on the net, or in forums, and deal direct with DJI, via Twitter has proved effective for me.

Good luck, happy flying.

I'm glad it all worked out for you. For some sincere people, it just didn't happen. Then there are those who tried to cover there own mistakes and tried to get something for nothing, than cried when they couldn't get it.

I was very surprised I didn’t have to put up more of a fight. If I’d have crashed it or done something wrong I’d have had to take it as a loss. It just seemed so wrong that all I had done was what DJI app and software had insisted (ie: simply updated). The fit for purpose line may have helped I don’t know. Just happy I don’t have an expensive paper weight.

My year and a half old P3P threw a motor off at startup last year. The mount just gave way and fell off! I followed the return procedure, in a little over 2 weeks I got a brand new bird, no charge!!

I crashed mine this year and the damage was £90 to repair. Dji ended up giving me a new bird instead. I know this as my serial number was different and it didn't have an "R" at the start or end. Even the camera had a different number. Well pleased with DJI and can't say a bad word about them

Reactions: Numone
Yes. I had great service 2 when an update bricked my P3P. Was out of warranty and the replaced the handset.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20