Failsafe RTH and No Fly Zone

NFZs and advisory zones aren't just with airports. Jails and I believe arenas also are red NFZs to name a few.
I know DJI does not interfere with flight within a green zone other than pop up a yellow warning, and when taking off in one, having to check off two boxes that you have clearance and are taking responsibility.
I think I have flown in a yellow zone near TIA which is actually an FAA NFZ. Before anyone lashes at me, I only flew 14 up in open air to show colleagues and in lower level of two level parking garage.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

I had my drone confiscated by police this summer because I took off about 50 yards from a hot air balloon festival. Well little did I know there were FAA representatives there and they told the police i wasn't allowed to fly lol. Geo fencing wasn't a feature yet on the app. I got some really cool video of the hot air balloon festival right before the police took it away lol. Got it back from the police 2 days later

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Come to think of it, where I flew near TIA couldn't have been a DJI yellow zone. You have to unlock those online, either through their website where you get a code, or through the app when it has internet. My tablet doesn't always have internet, only if it picks up my work Wi-Fi or through my phone's hot-spot if I turn it on.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If your DAFT enough to fly near a NFZ you deserve to lose the aircraft................i fly real aircraft and in my opinion DJI have done the best thing by programming it to land ASAP................. hopefully giving you a long walk to recover it.....................I enjoy my P4 but grow up dont consider flying your TOY in places that interfere with any other type of aviation if its deemed you should not be there...............i love the statements when people complain the aircraft landed automatically and did not return to me....................the last thing a pilot needs is some PILLOCK flying his uav around the NFZ when hes landing or taking off...................
Hmmm... you're at risk of running out of periods. Already running on rationality fumes.

Cookie offer is still good!

Reactions: bluesgeek
Dont fly near NFZs end pf problem [ MOST NFZ ] are easy to spot as you see big heavy objects making lots of noise with people looking out of windows as they travel up in the sky and coming down from the sky.............................anyone flying near these places are DICKHEADS :rolleyes:
I guess I am a dickhead practically the whole state of New Mexico is in a no fly zone I cant even fly in my area and own property without airports that are likely used for only drug running in the past , is all over the place To top it all off this dickhead is throwing in the towel I got my p3a out for first time after winter , nagging for updates locked apps . well I did a firmware up now my p3a is bricked I am 68 years old on fixed income and I cant afford to fix the d*&^$% thing Thanks DJI I am out and of course I will never be able to buy another product, I would never buy another DJI product anyway when they can reach out and destroy it at any time. If you think that you own these things you arent really a dickhead you are an idiot. Dji has stolen my money, leased me an aircraft and then terminated it. An unspoken rule in a capitalist venture is that when you sell something it belongs to the person that bought it not to be destroyed or attached or shut off by the company that sold it to you, of course what do you expect from a manufacturer in a communist country trying to manipulate and profit in any way they can. my p3a and inspire is for sale I need either an idiot or a dickhead to buy this junk from me.

Agree. This auto land when hitting a NFZ wall is disturbing given that some NFZs aren't clearly marked or identified, just happen on one and then it lands in a tree, down a mountainside, lake, roof, people's heads, etc. Very bad plan to not be able to back out of it.

With them increasing the NFZ areas, it's gonna get worse until a bad accident occurs where they will be liable, as in case law where "Control was taken from the pilot who could have steered it away from striking baby Jesus."
What DJI no fly zones (within the Phantom software) map app do people recommend for iOS?

Well. Just for the record. I flew my p4p today. Checked several maps and the official U.K. CAA maps for updates and potential hazards and NFZ restrictions.
It showed totally clear.
Then whilst I was putting on my props, 2 very large and very loud Chinook helicopters flew around. They were not even 100m up.

Nothing on the maps at all.

I decided to wait for them to go before taking off.
If you are not near any airports then you are almost certainly in a military LFZ (which covers most of the UK away from airports). This is why VLOS is so critical to safe flying. You obviously did the right thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik