Fail to upgrade firmware 1.2.8

Reaction score
Hi I am Erest. I tried to upgrade my phantom with the new downloaded firmware of 1.2.8. When I turned the power on, it started blinking green and red as adviced in the manual and it sounds like wierd noise in the gimbal. After few minutes, the blinking had stopped. I turned it off and look at the txt file. It says upgrading instead of success. So I think I have to do it again. But when I try to power it on again, the drone says very loud beep, beep, beep, all the time.
Anyone can help me to deal with this. Btw, when I turn on the controller I can see the FPV but can not turn on the proppeller. Thank you

Hi I am Erest. I tried to upgrade my phantom with the new downloaded firmware of 1.2.8. When I turned the power on, it started blinking green and red as adviced in the manual and it sounds like wierd noise in the gimbal. After few minutes, the blinking had stopped. I turned it off and look at the txt file. It says upgrading instead of success. So I think I have to do it again. But when I try to power it on again, the drone says very loud beep, beep, beep, all the time.
Anyone can help me to deal with this. Btw, when I turn on the controller I can see the FPV but can not turn on the proppeller. Thank you
This happened to me too. I started over and put it in a room that I could not hear the beeping and let it sit. Eventually it updated and all is good.

I am in the middle of the same situation and would love to hear how it works for you. I tried this approach and all I got was a very warm P3P and hot motors, and no firmware upgrade. When I turn the P3 on, no lights, but can also connect but do not show any battery stats.

The firmware update take little less then 20min !!! If you switch it off in the middle of the sound D-D-D-D you risk to kill the firmware at all and brick the bird totaly or in part !! For better understanding of fw update, also look at camera led: while it is red-green slowly blinking fw update is in progress!
The sound D---D-D means firmware update procedure is terminated and led goes green on camera.

You bet. I was freaking out too. Let me know if it does not work. I will try and find the post that talked about this.
I tried your advice last night, after 1 hour no more beep beep sound. but the upgrading still going on. When I woke up this morning (4 hours later) the battery drained. No idea whether it was upgraded or not. I hurry went to the field and try with the spare battery. It works. THANK YOU. SOLVED.

I tried your advice last night, after 1 hour no more beep beep sound. but the upgrading still going on. When I woke up this morning (4 hours later) the battery drained. No idea whether it was upgraded or not. I hurry went to the field and try with the spare battery. It works. THANK YOU. SOLVED.
If that battery drained all the way down-- you may as well trash it-- it is no good any longer. Hopefully, it did not

So bricked P3 can be resumed to restart the process... Can't we use it for firmware grade down? :)
you cant reset to the old firmware after you have upgraded.

If it fails to upgrade to will go back. If the upgrade takes probably stuck with that new one.

At one point during the update I thought it was done, no red green and silence, checked the time and it was just under 10 minutes. Let it go on and shortly it started blinking and buzzing again. Watch time, lights and buzzing they all need to happen.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic